- Enter contact details for your new user and designate their permissions
- Provide the Practice Access Code to the person you've added as a new user. A new user must have the Practice Access Code in order to set up their account.
Adding all practice members as users within your account can help keep your practice up and running. If login issues are encountered by one staff member, any administrator can help reset their password. Designating multiple administrators will provide a variety of contacts, in case a staff member requires assistance.
1. To get started, select Settings in the top right corner of the EHR
2. Navigate to "Users" under Practice Settings.
3. To add a new user, simply type their name, email and role into the fields at the top of the Users screen. You can also designate whether or not you want that user to be a Practice Administrator.
4. Click Add
Note: If you encounter an error message stating “The provided login email address is already in use by another user," you’ll need to ask the new user to provide an alternate email address. Each person needs a unique email address for each Practice Fusion practice they log in to. Once an email address has been claimed, it cannot be used by any other user in any Practice Fusion practice.
Learn how to setup a unique email address for someone in your practice here.
5. The provider/staff name will display below, and a verification email will be sent to that provider's email address on file. Here you can resend the email as needed. Please Note: The link in the verification email does not expire.
Providing a Practice Access Code (PAC)
The PAC will need to be provided to the new user, in order for them to log in to their account. When adding a new user, your Practice Access Code will be available in two places:
- Within Settings, in the top left corner of the Users section
- On your Practice Dashboard, listed on the Users tile
For security measures, it is recommended that administrators tell new users this code verbally instead of electronically (via email, text, etc.)
How do I remove users?
Any account administrator may deactivate a user by clicking the Settings icon, then Users tab (as detailed above).
1. Click on the user’s name you would like to deactivate, scroll down to the Login info section and mark the User Status as Inactive.
2. Be sure to Save settings after you have marked the user as inactive.
This user will no longer be able to log into the account unless reactivated again by an Administrator.
How do I edit user profiles?
Any administrator may edit a user's profile by clicking the Settings icon, then Users tab (as detailed above). Click on the user’s name you would like to edit.
From this screen, an administrator can edit:
- The user's Name, Degree, Specialty and Role (Note: If the user has completed e-Prescribing verification, their name cannot be edited within the EHR. If this is necessary, please contact our Customer Service team for further assistance)
- Online booking page
- Medical identifiers
- Login credentials