Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Superbill Enhancements

In the New Super Bill format, there is no option for type of payment or check #. These fields would be valuable for my practice

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Medicare Chronic Care Management Support

We would like some additional help to quality for CMS's Chronic Care Management program.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bill Patients Directly

Please add a direct billing feature to bill a patient via credit card once or on a recurring basis (monthly or annually).

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Delete Patient Insurance

I would like the ability to delete insurance information from a patient's chart, rather than just set the insurance to "inactive". This is particularly important after accidentally adding something to a patient's record.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Custom Modifiers

Some state dependent modifiers (TH for Texas Medicaid) or special modifiers (Q6 for a covering physician) are not in PF nor pass through to Billing Partner. Can you add the ability for us to create custom modifiers or include all state modifiers in your library?

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Customize Superbills with Tax ID Number

Since I do not contract with insurance companies, I provide my patients with a receipt/superbill so that they can submit it to their insurance company for reimbursement.

However, many insurance companies require my tax/employer ID and the multiple clinic addresses where I see patients. Is there any way to add a "customization" text box to the superbill function/template to make it easier for patients? Thanks!

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Partially Resolved  ·  Aliza responded

Hi everyone – to provide some clarification, please note that the Tax ID field on the printed superbill populates based on the EIN/TIN entered into the Medical Identifiers section of your User Settings (under Settings, go to Users and click on your name to edit your details). Once you have entered your EIN/TIN into your User Settings and saved your changes, log out and back into the EHR to see these changes reflected on your printed superbills. The practice/group EIN entered into the Practice Details settings will not populate on the superbill, as detailed in the Knowledge Base article below.

https://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/483406-how-do-i-print-the-superbill

7. Quickbooks Integration

I am an independent RN Case Manager and I found your program through my physician that does home visits. I absolutely Love it and it fits well for the most part with my own practice.

I would like a link with QuickBooks so that my bookkeeper can do my invoicing right from my program notes

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Patient Address on Superbill Printout

Can you add the patient's address to the printout of the patient's superbill?

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Reducing Superbill clicking

I would like to see the ability to fill a field and hit "enter" versus all the clicking.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. CMS 1500 Field

I work with a local county insurance that does not accept eletronic billing. They do accept CMS1500 (with a wet signature) forms, though. I would like to be able to create and print a CMS1500 directly from PF.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Superbill Custom CPT Code Editing

Would like the ability to edit a custom CPT code in a superbill. If you enter a custom code but inadvertently switch two numbers in the CPT code, you can't edit or delete them right now.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow superbills to be saved as drafts without completing CPT or Diagnosis

Our staff obtains pre-auths, approvals ( work comp/ HMO) etcdays prior to office visit. They need to record this info in the superbill. They should be able to open encounter, change date to date of encounter, and add the auth info to the superbill for that day and save. Once patient is seen, then diagnosis and CPT will be added, and then it's ready for biller. Currently superbill cannot be saved without CPT and ICD codes, which impedes our practice's workflow.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

13. Bidirectional Demographics Syncing

Please enable bidirectional syncing with your preferred billing partners. We would like to enter a patient in the billing partner software and have it show up in PF. And vice versa. Same for all edits to patient demographic and insurance information.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Insurance Effective Start Date Optional

Please look into removing the required asterisk on insurance effective date. We do not always have this information so we put in today's date or beginning of year date, etc. This should be optional.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Labs and downstream billing systems require an effective start date, which is why we require it in our EHR. However, we are more than happy to consider removing this if you have other use-cases for storing insurance information and others agree with you by voting and commenting here.

15. Export Superbill from Superbill Page

It would be great to be able to email a superbill directly from the superbill page. Even at the least it would be great to be able to export the superbill as a PDF so then it could be emailed, saved, etc.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Flow Vaccine CPT Codes to Superbill

it would be really cool if, when I give a child a MMR vaccine, it would pull in the vaccine cpt as well as the code for its administration, and then if I gave another vaccine that same visit, if it linked up the different cpt code for that next in a series of vaccine administration

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "Effective end date" Insurance Portion

Requested this from the old interface and since the new interface still doesn't have this - Please bring the "Effective To" insurance portion back! This is helpful
    - when a patient has the same insurance but different ID numbers and each ID was only effective during a specific time frame.
    - when patients decide to swap back to a former insurance that we already have on file (happens more often than you think!)
    -referral purposes

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to add date ranges to procedures in the superbill

We would like the ability to add date ranges to procedures in the superbill.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  Nina responded

We would like to hear from other members of our community on how they’d like to see this feature improved as well. Feel free to add your voice to this idea by commenting below. We are listening attentively to every request submitted by our customers.

19. Superbill Report by Date of Service

If someone wants to Audit a month's charges, the Superbill Report and Chart Note Report should both be pulled by Date of Service. Right now, this is not the case. Superbill Report is generated on the basis of Date of creation and Chart Note Report is generated on the basis of Date of Service.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Workers Comp and No-Fault tracking

When a patient presents with Workers Comp or No-Fault, there is information that would be helpful to have - like the injury related to the case, date of accident, and a field that would identify if benefits had been exhausted or case closed.
    When the patient presents, they may give the ins info, but little else. And sometimes they dont give it at all, and we find out after billing that there is a case open.

An extra pop up window for the Comp or No-Fault insurances with these questions to be answered would be great.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base