Product Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom Appointment Statuses

We would like the ability to add custom statuses and filters for those statuses. Some of what we'd like to be able to add are:
    Filling out Papers
    In Triage
    Ready for Doctor

These would help our doctors understand where patients currently reside.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

2. Scheduler Template Masking

My schedule varies day to day, so my staff needs to know when and where to schedule patients. They need to know when to schedule a new patient, say for an hour visit, vs a return patient, say for 15 minutes. They also need to know when slots are taken or when they can overbook. I desperately need a schedule template that shows open slots for different types of patients for different amounts of time.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  5 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  3. Display Blocked Time on DAY tab of Scheduler

All scheduled Items (including blocked time) should show on the daily appointment list (DAY tab) as well, so that I don't have to flip back and forth between daily and weekly schedule.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  10 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  4. Enhancements for Recurring Appointments

We would like to have options for different intervals in repeating appointments that makes scheduling further out much easier. Some examples: weekly, biweekly, monthly

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  7 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  5. Customized Blocked Time Scheduling Warnings

When scheduling appointments, currently it is possible to schedule appointments during times block out for lunch and also during time the practice is closed. We would like to be warned when scheduling appointments when the providers are not available so we don't mistakenly create an appointment that has to be rescheduled later.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  6. Appointment Notes

We would like to be able to store a comment for each appointment. We would use this for tracking things that pertain to billing or patient needs.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  5 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  7. Maintain Day in Scheduler

When I click on user and select the desired person and then click on the calendar icon to select the desired date, it would be nice if both of them were remembered when moving to and from different patients. Currently, only the user is remembered and the date is lost, having to go to the calendar icon again and re-selecting it.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

Great news! As of 7/31/2015, we have resolved this issue fully. Thank you for your patience.

8. Restrict Scheduler View to Office Hours

We would like to be able to set the Daily calendar so we only see office hours. Anything beyond office hours should not even show up on the calendar.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  9. Remember my place in schedule or chart list

Currently, if I'm documenting from the Chart view, and I choose the 25th of the 30 encounters (e.g., my 4pm appointment) on my schedule, when I close that patient's chart I'm returned to the top of the Chart list, i.e., the 8am patients. I have to scroll down to find where I was in the list. For every patient.

PF should return me to the Chart window scrolled down to the 4pm point on my schedule, not reset to 8am.

This is even worse using the Schedule view currently. If I go back two weeks because I'm charting encounters two…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Link Appointment Types to Encounter Types

We have specific appointment types: physicals, lab draws, urgent visits, routine follow ups. We can create those specific appointment types in the schedule.

However, when an encounter is generated based on that appointment, we would like for the "encounter type" to be reflective of the appointment type. For example, if we make an appointment for a lab draw, we would like the encounter to be "lab draw".

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

11. Edit Recurring Appointments

It would be helpful if we could edit the recurring appointments once they are set. For example, changing the number of sessions to repeat, instead of having to delete the appointment to recreate it.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  4 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  12. Schedule masks for individual providers, not just the practice

Scheduling templates for individual providers, not the entire practice. Another option would be to add "placeholders" that are visually different that the appointments so schedulers can easily see when appointments are available for each provider.

Blocking schedules for providers not here renders the weekly schedule inoperable from a visual standpoint.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  3 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  13. Offline Backup of Schedule

We would like the ability to backup schedule just in case something happens to the cloud for any length of time. I understand you can print them and save in a box somewhere, but why not just be able to back up each months schedule in case of emergency?

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Darker Hour lines on Scheduler

It would be helpful if the hour lines on the scheduler were darker.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  15. Customize Scheduler View Columns

Is there an option to streamline the weekly view so that all the patient information is visible (i.e. get rid of the PN icon (takes up a whole line space), not display middle name (often hides last name), and make the notes section visible without having to click and open the appt?

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

If you are looking for ways to display more columns in the PF Scheduler, you can read about the different scheduler views here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/485658-how-do-i-view-and-print-my-daily-schedule

16. Stay at same time in calendar after editing an appoinment

Every time I edit a patient's appointment, after saving it, it jumps down to the very end of the day. If it's a 9am patient, I have to scroll all the way back up after saving to see who is next in at 9:15. Please lock the time being viewed and prevent the scroll from occurring.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow appointments > 90 days old to be edited

As of now you can only edit appointments that are less than 90 days old. Would like to be able to edit appointments that are older than that

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

18. Customize Providers for Scheduling Dropdown

When scheduling a patient, all PF users are listed as "providers" in the dropdown list. I have only one billing provider, the other users are support staff and do not require schedules for the office. If I could customize the list of providers that are in the dropdown when scheduling appointments, it would save two clicks.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  19. Track Time Patient Entered Room and Time Patient Left Room

It would be very helpful if in the Status Field, the time the patient entered the room, as well as the time they left the room was tracked
    (Start and Stop times).

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  4 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  20. Edit Patient Demographic Data from Scheduler

I would like the choice to add an email address and change other demographic information at the schedule while I'm creating an appointment for a patient.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base