Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic Refresh of EHR Data

We are always running into problems with staff not remembering to constantly hit refresh. Why is that manual? Can the system "refresh" it self? say every 5 minutes or so?

656 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

• Medical Dictionary for Spell and Grammar Checks

We would like to have Practice Fusion utilize a medical dictionary for the spellcheck, rather than just utilizing the basic spellchecker that comes with web browsers.

179 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
      • Virtual Visits

I'd love to have Virtual Visits available for my practice and my patients.

141 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

• Darker Fonts

I am having a difficult time seeing some of the text in the EHR. Can you make it darker?

85 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

• Read-only access during system updates

It makes me anxious as a provider to have no access to health records during system updates. In a crisis, access to patient data can make a life-or-death difference. Is it possible to at least have read-only access to patient charts during system updates?

72 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
              Acknowledged  ·  Ashley responded

This concept is being discussed by the product team and we’re investigating ways on how we might be able to make this happen.

In the meantime, we are working hard at minimizing the numbers of releases that require system maintenance periods, and this year nearly half of our releases have been “up-time.” You can expect to see more up-time releases in the coming year.

You can also review more information on preparing for scheduled system upgrades here:
              http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/504770

• Spanish Language Support

We would like to have a Spanish language option for Practice Fusion

59 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

• Native Android EHR App

78% of the mobile devices on the market are Android devices.
                It only goes to extrapolate that 78% of physicians using mobile devices are using Android.

When will we be able to use Practice Fusion on an Android device?

iphone OS represents only 18% of the market (the remainder being the windows OS), so I would think that Android would have been the logical first step.

58 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone. We released a beta version of a native Android EHR app in 2015. Due to very few downloads and utilization, we have decided to discontinue it and remove it from the app store.

If you are still passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

• Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)

We would like to use Practice Fusion in our PCMH. Can you add support for the things we need?

55 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
                    Resolved  ·  Aliza responded

Update: As of November 2017, Practice Fusion EHR (Versions 3.6 and 3.7) has achieved PCMH Prevalidation from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for NCQA’s PCMH 2017 Program.

• Making Practice Fusion Stylus-compatible

Stylus pens with various apps have writing to text translation features but the various websites EMR need to be compatible with it. It would be so nice for us who love to write our notes and for patients (some how there is something more personal about writing with a patient present) if we could "write" with the stylus in our chart notes and allow the various technology already created to translate it to text.

45 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

• Voice Dictation

It would be helpful for us to have voice-activated typing to speed up typing in the EHR.

45 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
                      • Utilize keystrokes instead of mouse clicks

Many places in the New EHR require mouse clicks rather than a Return or Enter keystroke. One example is in the Name Search field; a name is typed in and then the magnifying glass must be clicked with the cursor/mouse rather than just hitting the Enter or Return key.

Wherever this could be eliminated would be a positive change.

43 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

• Modify or delete errant information

I have had rare occasion where information was added to the wrong chart, either a diagnosis, prescription, or an entire note. Now it remains on the patient's record forever. For legal reasons, I know we cannot alter a record, but it would be nice if that errant information could be moved out of the existing information so that errors do not occur in reproducing this information. For example, if you print a med list or print a chart, that information goes with it and an addendum at the bottom my not be enough to prevent a consultant or other provider…

38 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

• Phone Number Format Consistency (xxx) xxx-xxxx

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the phone numbers typed in automatically change to the format of (xxx) xxx-xxxx? I noticed that this automatic change occurs when typing in number for the "Next of Kin" in charting, but not in other phone number fill-ins. If it's not possible due accommodations for other phone number formats, I understand. Thank you!

34 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Date Entry Consistency

When entering dates, some fields require slashes to be entered. Others require 4 digit years. And different ones let you pick from a date picker while others don't. Can you please make this perfectly consistent throughout the EHR?

34 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

• Expand Practice Fusion Internationally

I am a doctor working both in Florida and Ontario (Canada). I travel between both homes. I want to use Practice Fusion only, especially because I have phone consults with patients and can be anywhere in the world when I do. Can you support use outside of the U.S. or at least to Canadian Doctors? I frequently run into support issues when I'm in Canada because I am constantly told you do not support me meanwhile when I'm in florida you support me. So - how can we transform this? PF should be available world wide in my opinion, you…

32 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

• TouchID Fingerprint Password for Native iOS

Would you ever consider enabling a fingerprint password option for iPads and iPhones users? Though we understand the need to lock Practice Fusion every so often to avoid security and HIPAA breaches, it is a hassle to retype a full password every time the system kicks us out.

32 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

Hi Maddy—once we release our native iOS applications, we’ll consider adding this convenience feature as well. Stay tuned!

• In-Office Device Integration

I have several machines that I do testing on in my office and it takes hours to get them all uploaded at the end of the day. This would be very beneficial to all practices if the devices could connect directly to PF to transmit data.

31 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

• Option to Display Patients as: Last Name, First Name

We would like the option to display patients as Last Name, First Name throughout the EHR

29 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

• Scheduled EHR Maintenance on Weekends

It would be very helpful to have the EMR Maintenance occur on the weekends. I'm sure there are a lot of us who have to work from home after clinic hours.

27 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

This is a great time to provide you all with an update of the progress we’ve made toward our longterm goal of never having to take the EHR offline for planned hardware or software upgrades.

In 2013, we had 50 scheduled downtime windows to upgrade the system.

In 2014, we had 22.

In 2015, we had 11.

In 2016, 4 months into the year, we have only had 1 downtime release.

That is the lowest number of planned downtime releases of any EHR on the market.

We appreciate your patience as we work diligently toward zero.

• iPad Printing

Please enable printing when using iPad via the print button and air-print.

22 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base