Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize Providers for Scheduling Dropdown

When scheduling a patient, all PF users are listed as "providers" in the dropdown list. I have only one billing provider, the other users are support staff and do not require schedules for the office. If I could customize the list of providers that are in the dropdown when scheduling appointments, it would save two clicks.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  2. Free text in Environmental Allergies

There is a somewhat limited selection of environmental allergies. It would be nice to have a free text selection for the allergies. Ex: unable to add allergy for shampoo due to missing selection in pull down list.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Allergies  ·  Admin →
  3. New Patient Report

We would like to have feature that generates a list of daily, weekly or monthly new patients

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Aliza responded

Hi everyone – As of 1/24/2017, we have released a new Appointment Report to all of our practices. This report allows practices to review and filter appointments by facility, status, provider, and date. Once the report is run, practices can also view the list of appointments based on Appointment Type, e.g. “New Patient”. This report can also be printed.

For detailed information, you can read more about the new Appointment Report here:

http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/1124125

4. Keyboard Navigation of State Address Dropdown List

When adding an address in insurance or in patient information, we would like to be able to type the first letter of the state and have the state come up. Having to scroll down and select on is inefficient.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Nina responded

As of 10/27/16, you can now search for items within a drop-down menu by typing the first few letters, which will jump you directly to the desired item.

5. Have Gluten as a food allergy in drop down

Need to have gluten as a drop down in food allergies section

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Allergies  ·  Admin →

I am happy to report that as of 3/2/16, you can add gluten as a food allergy.

6. Remove automatic periods from being added to template items

Can you remove the automatic periods that appear at the end of each template item? The concept of a template is to create a macro that can be customized to each user's preference. If you could make them user-customizable, that would be best.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Admin →
  7. Document uploading - Quick access to type of document by pressing first letter of type

In the old EHR we were able to type "R" to get to the R's like Radiology or Request for Medical Notes versus having to scroll through all of the options. Please bring this back every where in the EHR like Documents, Proivders names, etc.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →
  8. Print ePrescribing Receipts

Please allow us to print eRX receipts in the new EHR. We practice in assisted living facilities (ALFs). We ePrescribe via PF eRX to the institutional pharmacies that service the ALFs. The ALFs themselves need a copy of the RX. The eRX receipt with VOID watermarked across in the old EHR was superb for this.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Edit Patient Demographic Data from Scheduler

I would like the choice to add an email address and change other demographic information at the schedule while I'm creating an appointment for a patient.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  10. Please add a uric acid test that I can use in flowsheets

I have a simple request... I love flowsheets so far, but I cannot add serum uric acid to my flowsheets. It is such a common test, but I cannot follow it like the other tests.

Thanks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display "Electronically Signed" for signed chart notes

We would like to have encounters say "electronically signed" instead of simply saying "signed"

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

We are happy to announce that encounters now say “electronically signed” instead of “signed.”

12. Updox e-fax into Documents section for Bulk Upload

Make a bridge to Updox. It will save a lot of time for practices.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

Hi everyone—as of November 2015, inbound faxing is now enabled as a feature in Practice Fusion.

To sign up for this service, please fill in the Updox form here http://info.updox.com/updox-practicefusion/ to create your Updox account or call an Updox representative at (614) 798-8170 ext. 1 to begin the process.

To learn more about this feature, click here:
    http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/731094-how-can-i-use-the-updox-inbound-fax-feature-with-p

13. Easier access to "record patient reminder"

Currently, the Actions menu in a patient's chart allows us to "Record patient reminder". It would be nice to have easier access to mark that we've handled the "record patient reminder". Perhaps a checkbox next to the appointment under the daily "appointments" tab in the schedule so we can tell if we have done them all every day?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Entry of Marital Status when Quick-Adding a Patient

We would like to be able to enter the marital status when quick-adding a patient from the scheduler.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Edit or Delete Lab and Imaging Order Templates

It would be great to delete or alter lab order or imaging order templates once made.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  atinney responded

As of tonight’s release, we now offer support for editing and deleting lab and imaging order templates. Keep in mind that templates are lab/imaging center specific, and can be shared with your entire practice. Select the pencil icon next to your templates to use the new edit and delete functionality.

16. Allow sending of a message from Documents

It would be great if we could send the patient a message from the document viewer, just as we can from the labs. That would entail many fewer clicks than having to open the chart and send the message, for instance conveying mammogram or other xray results which are still sent as documents in our area.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Admin →
  17. Indicate a template line has been used

I would like the EHR to indicate when you use a line in a template. i.e. it would change color (lighten) to reflect that you already chose that line. When you have a robust template, it is hard see where you last clicked, since you don't always choose all of them.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Admin →
  18. Diagnosis Charting Improvements

Associating diagnosis codes to a specific date of service went from selecting bullets (in the old EHR) to individually adding each and every diagnosis (in the new EHR). Please bring back the bullets for diagnoses.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Diagnoses  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

The PF EHR now allows you to select “Add All” diagnoses when charting. This functionality now requires fewer clicks than the previous version of the EHR.

As always, thank you for submitting your ideas for improving the PF EHR.

19. Actions menu for Documents

It would be really helpful to have a drop down menu next to patient's name under documents menu that would include an option to send a message to staff without the need to click on patient's name and open the patient's chart. That way after reviewing the document if an action needs to be taken by clicking the drop down menu we would be able to send a message and then sign the document and move on with the next document.
    Current set up requires us to click on patient's name, open the chart and generate a message...

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Patient from Documents Upload

It would be much easier for us to add patients from the Documents Upload section, as we're uploading documents for patients that don't yet exist.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base