Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Print Entire Patient Chart

I need to print a patient's entire chart, including labs and documents. It is very inefficient to have to open each lab and print each one separately. i should be able to select all the labs I would like to print and click print to get all of them.

451 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

2. Print Patient Labels

We would like to have the ability to print or export to excel a list of patients seen in any given time frame (say last april) so that we can print labels for recall cards.

Even better, we'd like to have a way to just print the labels directly from PF.

459 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

3. 678 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mark patient appointment as confirmed

A status option of confirmed would be nice to note when pt. have been called to remind of appointments. Could note confirmed status for after patient is contacted

578 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  5. English at the top of the Preferred Language List

We would like for it to be easier to enter English as the preferred language for patients. Maybe put it at the top, out of alphabetic order?

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Permanently delete terminated employees from the User List

Have the ability to permanently remove employees that have been terminated from the practice on PF

367 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Advanced Templates: Dropdown Menus, Checkboxes, and Lists

I'd like template items with drop downs. This might look something like

Heart rate: [regular][irregular][??]
    Orientation: [Alert and oriented x4][Disoriented to ??]
    etc.

I would click on the line to add it to the chart just like with the current system. Using the heart rate line as an example, instead of typing "regular" I would tab to one of the three options (regular, irregular, or the option to type free text) and hit "enter" to produce the line with that option.

I think what most people are doing is something like this:

Heart rate: ??
    Orientation: ??
    etc

This makes…

506 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Admin →

8. Compact Schedule Printing

The new update has changed the schedule view to be much longer, wasting lots of space and making it hard to see the entire schedule. The printed schedule is now 3 pages long as well, which wastes space and paper. We utilize the printed schedule everyday, and the small compacted 1 page schedule was what we worked with.

512 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  9. Google/iPhone/Android/Outlook Calendar integration (no PHI)

I'd like to see when I have appointments from my google calendar. No need for patient names- "Busy" is plenty of info. Seeing the visit type (follow-up, etc.) would be even better. This would be more valuable to me than any other EHR feature.

479 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

10. Ideas to improve the Medication List

The medication list is the life blood of my practice. I see you have disabled the list. While I am in the chart note, or any part of the chart for that matter, I would like to drop down the medication list like a shade from the top of the page. It should be a full screen list all the way across. It should include all medications with dates updated and prescribed. I want to have better tracking of medications, which ones were tried, why they didn't work, why they were discontinued, etc. I know the information is available, but…

477 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Phone Number Format Consistency (xxx) xxx-xxxx

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the phone numbers typed in automatically change to the format of (xxx) xxx-xxxx? I noticed that this automatic change occurs when typing in number for the "Next of Kin" in charting, but not in other phone number fill-ins. If it's not possible due accommodations for other phone number formats, I understand. Thank you!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

12. Restrict Duplicate Diagnoses

It would be great if the system would not let us add a diagnosis if it is already active on the patient's chart

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Diagnoses  ·  Admin →

13. Improvements to Display of Medication Allergies List

1) The wrong information is "bolded" on the summary page! It should not be the "Severity" of the allergy that takes visual preference, it should be the medication itself! We would like to see the allergic medication highlighted, with the severity de-emphasized.

2) Display the actual allergic reaction on the Summary Page, right next to the allergic medication, and then the severity level.

3) Finally, make the selection of the severity level optional. It is not always known nor as very important as the other info above. The listing of the "actual" allergic reaction that the patient had pretty much…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Allergies  ·  Admin →

14. Printing all superbills in bulk

I would like to have the option to print all the superbills for the date of service without having to go into each superbill and hit print

439 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Becky—that’s the information we needed. We would like to hear if bulk superbill printing would be valuable to other users as well.

15. When creating an Encounter, warn if Encounter already exists for that day

If one clicks the orange "New Encounter" button on a day where an encounter has already been generated, a window should pop up notifying the user that a second encounter is about to be generated! This would be helpful in that it would allow the user to avoid creating duplicate encounters. Options on this prompt could include "make a new encounter anyway," "do not make a new encounter," or "take me to the latest existing encounter."

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
  16. Custom Reports

We need to be able to create user (admin) defined reports against the entire database.

213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

17. Rename Signed Documents

It would save a lot of time if we could change the title of a document after it has been signed. If there is a typo or some other issue with the title, we have to download it, delete it and re-upload it just to change a few letters in the title.

Would be even nicer if we could also change the document type on signed documents.

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →

18. Attaching documents to referrals

For referrals, it would be helpful to attach lab results and documents as well as the encounters.

457 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Referrals  ·  Admin →
  19. Patients doing Digital Document Signing

We have consent forms that we would like to load into our EMR and send to the patient to have them sign.

403 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →

20. We want your feedback: Patient Medication Benefits Pilot

Our prescription coverage pilot provides real-time prescription cost information and pharmacy alternatives to help lower out-of-pocket expenses for your patient and improve patient adherence. These checks are currently only available for patients with a prescription plan managed by Express Scripts (ESI).

For more information about this pilot, please see our Knowledge Base article:
    http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/902796-how-do-i-find-less-expensive-more-convenient-medi

You can help us enhance prescription coverage checks by sharing your experience and providing feedback on the pilot program below.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  Nina responded

You can help us enhance prescription coverage checks by sharing your experience and providing feedback on the pilot program below.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base