Product Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow sending of a message from Documents

It would be great if we could send the patient a message from the document viewer, just as we can from the labs. That would entail many fewer clicks than having to open the chart and send the message, for instance conveying mammogram or other xray results which are still sent as documents in our area.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Admin →
  2. Search Reminder/Tasks by Patient

Would be useful to search reminder/tasks for patients to pull up all reminders on them to prevent duplicating reminders or to just see all reminders for a patient.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Nina responded

As of 1/26/2017, all practices have the ability to search tasks by patient.

3. Indicate a template line has been used

I would like the EHR to indicate when you use a line in a template. i.e. it would change color (lighten) to reflect that you already chose that line. When you have a robust template, it is hard see where you last clicked, since you don't always choose all of them.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Admin →
  4. Diagnosis Charting Improvements

Associating diagnosis codes to a specific date of service went from selecting bullets (in the old EHR) to individually adding each and every diagnosis (in the new EHR). Please bring back the bullets for diagnoses.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Diagnoses  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

The PF EHR now allows you to select “Add All” diagnoses when charting. This functionality now requires fewer clicks than the previous version of the EHR.

As always, thank you for submitting your ideas for improving the PF EHR.

5. Unify Navigation Across the Top

Expand the top menu items to every screen. Example: on the Home screen menu buttons at the top are Dashboard, Documents,
    & Directory. Schedule screen has Schedule & Appointment requests. Task screen has only Task tab/button. Charts only has Patient List tab/button. Would be nice just to have these tabs/buttons across that row on each screen as a quick button to those sections of the EHR. Would save clicks and time from clicking on each screen to find the section you need followed by clicking on that tab itself. If I am in the task section, I have to click…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. Default "Relationship to Patient" to "Self" in PHR Access

Please make "Self" be the default value in the "Relationship to Patient". Most of the time, we are granting access to the patient directly.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In January 2016, we overhauled the patient chart header, which included major updates to the PHR enrollment window.

You can read about those changes here: ttp://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/484964

7. Actions menu for Documents

It would be really helpful to have a drop down menu next to patient's name under documents menu that would include an option to send a message to staff without the need to click on patient's name and open the patient's chart. That way after reviewing the document if an action needs to be taken by clicking the drop down menu we would be able to send a message and then sign the document and move on with the next document.
    Current set up requires us to click on patient's name, open the chart and generate a message...

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Patient from Documents Upload

It would be much easier for us to add patients from the Documents Upload section, as we're uploading documents for patients that don't yet exist.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →
  9. Patient Phone Number and Email as column on Patient List

Currently the process of logging into PF and getting to a patient's phone number or email make a quick phone call is very time consuming. It would make a big difference to be able to quickly access patients' contact information as a column in the Patient List.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kory—this has been implemented in our Patient List. If you log in and go to the Charts section, you’ll see patients’ contact information in the “Contact Info” tab.

10. Custom Insurance Reports

I need a list of all my patients who have a certain insurance. Is there a way to run a report for that?

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
  11. Sort Labs by Received Date.

In the date/status column of PF lab reports, the date should be the received date of the specimen. The date PF uses is the reported date which can have many variable factors.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Send eRx even for Prescriptions with Stop Dates

Currently, when our provider adds a stop date to the order, it disables his ability to send electronic prescriptions. If the stop date field is empty, the prescription can go through. He would like to use the stop date field to show that the patient has stopped the medication.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Office lab Tests

I need a way to provide 14 results for this one test, a urinalysis. This would work better as a report with drop downs and a place to add comments.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Default Dropdown Setting on Timeline

We would like to have a default setting on the timeline so every time we open it, it already has the Lab Results dropdown item selected, since that's the one we look at most often.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lock icons in the preview menu for lab results

Having lock icons on the lab results in the preview section like the encounters would be helpful, so that at a glance one can see whether or not a lab has been signed off or not.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bulk “Clinical Document” Export across all Patients

I would like to suggest that P. F. develop a better way to generate a mass “Clinical Document” for submission to the specialty registries. This is an action that is mandatory twice a year to meet M.U.

As it stands right now, to generate a clinical document we have to do it one-by-one, and the registry has told me they will need all of our patients exported to them twice a year.

Please find a way to make this less cumbersome as it’s probably something we’ll all have to do again next year.
    In advance, thanks for your assistance with…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I have entered an ICD-10 Diagnoses, however, on the summary and the encounter I am still seeing an ICD-9 code.

The ICD 10 codes entered at 10/01/2015 in the diagnoses at the encounter and summary shows the ICD 9 with the code description. It suppose to appear with the ICD 10 instead of the ICD 9?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Diagnoses  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  jross responded

Hi IT Girl,

We are storing both ICD-9 and ICD-10 with each diagnoses. By default we are showing the ICD-9 code with the description to help with the transition. However, when looking at the summary screen you will see an option to change how you would like the diagnoses to be displayed. Next to the print icon you will see the word: Term. If you click that you will see the option to choose how you would like to see the Diagnoses displayed.

By term displays the way that diagnoses have been displayed over the last several years, but the ICD-9 code, and the term or description that you chose when you added the diagnoses.

By ICD-9 codes will display the ICD-9 code and description.

By ICD-10 codes will display the ICD-10 codes and description.

Changing this will affect the summary, encounter,…

19. Auto-Save Chart Note on Auto-Lock

I understand the security issue that mandates an auto lock out. It seems an "auto-save" feature would be helpful when the screen auto-locks so we don't forget to save each time.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

We are happy to report that as of Q4 2015, chart notes are auto-saving every minute, so this idea is Resolved.

Thanks for your patience as we worked through the most stable way to accomplish this.

20. Allow multiple facilities to register and transmit immunization files to the registry

Currently, only the primary facility can transmit immunizations to their immunization registry. Immunization registries require that all locations submit their immunizations, differentiated by a location identifier. Each facility under Practice Fusion should be able to register and transmit immunization files to their chosen registry.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As of December 17, 2015, the PF EHR offers multi-facility support for immunization registry submissions.

You can read more about how to register multiple facilities here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/468496-how-do-i-set-up-an-integration-with-my-state-immun

And general information about how to record a vaccine for registry transmission can be found here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/485679-how-do-i-record-a-vaccination-to-trasmit-successfu

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base