Product Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When creating an Encounter, warn if Encounter already exists for that day

If one clicks the orange "New Encounter" button on a day where an encounter has already been generated, a window should pop up notifying the user that a second encounter is about to be generated! This would be helpful in that it would allow the user to avoid creating duplicate encounters. Options on this prompt could include "make a new encounter anyway," "do not make a new encounter," or "take me to the latest existing encounter."

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-Save Chart Note on Auto-Lock

I understand the security issue that mandates an auto lock out. It seems an "auto-save" feature would be helpful when the screen auto-locks so we don't forget to save each time.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

We are happy to report that as of Q4 2015, chart notes are auto-saving every minute, so this idea is Resolved.

Thanks for your patience as we worked through the most stable way to accomplish this.

3. Formatting of Chart Note Headers

SOAP headers need to be a different color from the rest of the headers. It's difficult trying to find the title "Subjective" "Objective" " Assessment" and "Plan" since everything is scattered and written in blue.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
  4. Choose which sections of a Chart Note to Print

We would like to be able to choose which sections of a Chart Note to print. For instance, remove quality of care/screening info/from printable encounter.

This way the printable note is simple and to the point and saves paper as well.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display "Electronically Signed" for signed chart notes

We would like to have encounters say "electronically signed" instead of simply saying "signed"

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Nina responded

We are happy to announce that encounters now say “electronically signed” instead of “signed.”

6. Attach documents to chart notes

Can you or could you record heart sounds and save as MP3 into the assessment SOAP note or some other part of the patient record?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
  7. Chart Note Macros

We would like to be able to define a short abbreviation (usually with a special character so it cannot be accidentally typed) that expands to whatever text you want. It is found in some EHRs, a stand-alone program called AsUType, and WordPerfect.

For instance: type a '.' (period), followed by "otc" and a space, and it automatically becomes "over the counter"

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone—I am pleased to announce that we have released this time-saving feature to all Practice Fusion customers as of 8/4/2015.

You can read more about how Template Settings for creating macros works here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/484527-how-do-i-create-new-templates-and-edit-existing-te

And information on using macros in a chart note here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/483339-charting-with-templates

8. Charting Undo

It would be great if there was an 'undo' button for charting mishaps.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
  9. Additional Encounter Types

Most surgeons will see patients in multiple hospitals in the ER on the floor or in the Operating room. When need to have a way to capture and add the documentation to our EMR both for billing and for documentation purposes. Currently the encounter type is limited to office.

Can you please provide additional encounter types: ER consultation, operating room procedure

234 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Increase font size

we need text size to be able to get bigger

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As of September 2015, customers are able to modify the size of the text when editing sections of the chart note.

You can read more about rich text editing and how to change the font size here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/548442-how-do-i-use-rich-text-editing-when-charting-my-en

If you are interested in increasing the readable font size generally throughout any section of the EHR, you can learn how to do that here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/554913-how-do-i-adjust-the-font-size-in-my-browser

11. In "Previous Encounters", list chief complaint

When editing a SOAP note I click on "Previous Encounters" in the left window and all I see is a list of dates with "Office Visit: SOAP Note"
    It would be more useful if this displayed the Chief Complaint for the previous encounter instead

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

I am happy to report that under “Previous Encounters”, we now display the date, encounter type, note type, and Chief Complaint.

Please continue to let us know how we can make PF the best EHR for your practice.

12. Bulk Patient Chart Note Printing

Would like to be able to print off all/ some encounters from a patient's chart without having to open each individually

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everybody, when looking at a patient, you can choose “Actions: Print patient chart”. A screen will open that will allow you to choose what to print for that patient. You can choose all of their encounters (up to 50) to print if you like.

13. Document lab and imaging orders in a Chart Note

I would prefer when I enter lab or imaging orders, they should go into current chart note. Consider adding an "orders and medication" section in the Plan section.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Go To" action dropdown to specific Note section

I'd like the ability to "Go To" specifically, the Subjective, Objective, Assessment, or Plan section of the Note, not just the Note itself.

Let's make it just a bit more specific. Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone—I’m happy to report that this functionality has been added to the EHR as of 5/22/2015.

15. Formatting Chart Notes

Please add more formatting options to chart notes. Things like bullets, bolding, underlining, color, etc. would be extremely helpful.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base