Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
  2. machine learning artificial intelligence

Please implement an artificial intelligence/machine learning capacity into Practice Fusion to decrease provider work load.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make Clinical Decision Support Notifications Responsive to Data Entry

The yellow clinical support reminders should automatically disappear once the depression or asthma or meds have all been put in as reminded.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

4. Close Chart and Navigate Elsewhere after Signing Chart Note

When I sign chart or do a task for a patient, I would like to have an option to close that patient's chart in the same gesture.

Additionally, it would be great if I could configure where in the EHR I am taken after performing this action.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

5. Keyboard Shortcuts and Icons in Go To menu for SOAP sections

We would like to see S O A and P icons on the CHART NOTE: Go to... .... lines. And keyboard shortcuts to jump to those sections would be very helpful as well.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Move the "Go To..." and "Back" buttons on soap notes to the top of the Templates box

Moving these buttons to the top would be more efficient for mouse clicking.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Review of Systems needs to have a stand alone section

Review of Systems needs to have a stand alone section as it is used by payers to determine level of care rendered and thus payment.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

8. When creating an Encounter, warn if Encounter already exists for that day

If one clicks the orange "New Encounter" button on a day where an encounter has already been generated, a window should pop up notifying the user that a second encounter is about to be generated! This would be helpful in that it would allow the user to avoid creating duplicate encounters. Options on this prompt could include "make a new encounter anyway," "do not make a new encounter," or "take me to the latest existing encounter."

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
  9. Quick entry of Patient Details in Chart Note and other fields using Shortcuts

I would like to have the ability to quickly pull in patients' information into chart notes by using the keyboard or templates. This would be for things like patient's name, DOB, age, address, phone number, latest blood pressure, etc.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Auto-Save Chart Note on Auto-Lock

I understand the security issue that mandates an auto lock out. It seems an "auto-save" feature would be helpful when the screen auto-locks so we don't forget to save each time.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

We are happy to report that as of Q4 2015, chart notes are auto-saving every minute, so this idea is Resolved.

Thanks for your patience as we worked through the most stable way to accomplish this.

11. Quick Appointment Add from Chart Note Section

We would like to create a follow-up appointment from within the SOAP note.
    The end of my plan would be:
    follow up on: DATE with PROVIDER for REASON

And have this create an appointment on the schedule or a task for the front office person to finish creation of the appointment while patient is being discharged.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

12. Keep note writing screen open when changing windows

Currently, when I am writing a note, if I have to go to the Summary page or Tasks or Schedule, when I return to the note, I have to reopen the note writing screen (click Edit for Subjective, Objective, etc.).

Can this note writing screen just be left open where it was, so I can quickly refill a med or schedule someone or reply to a task and not have to reopen it every time?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Including Tables in Rich Text Formatting for Chart Notes

I'd love to see a table feature inside rich text formatting as well as being able to paste in tables from other applications like Microsoft Word.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

14. Mental Health Assessments Custom Form

I desire to have assessments, which to mental health is essential to document. A Beck Depression Inventory, when completed presently, requires me to hand the patient the paperwork, score the paperwork, scan the paperwork, upload the paperwork, assign and then sign the paperwork. To view it is not easily done in the midst of a session should I wish to review it. Assessments, whether able to add provider performed assessments or patient forms utilized through Patient Fusion as the intake forms have been changed to be able to do, are essential.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

15. Eliminate Duplicate Patient Encounter Notes

On a daily basis my task list has 2 or 3 notes for the same patient started, but only one is used. One of my staff members may have mistakenly created an encounter. It would be helpful if users were informed by a popup when an encounter is created so these mistakes aren't made.

I also get encounters created often when appointments are scheduled or when they are cancelled, even if it is far in the future. The popup would help relieve this problem.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft Word-compatible text formatting

I will often write my note in Word and then copy/paste into the patient note. When I paste, the EHR inserts multiple line breaks where none existed previously. i.e. only a couple of words per line. I would like Practice Fusion to accept the formatting from Word.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  9 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
  17. Templates for Chief Complaint

It would be great to have a place for our medical assistants to be able to use pre-made templates in the Chief Complaint.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  4 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
  18. Patient Signing of Chart Notes

We would like to allow our patients to sign chart notes, as proof that the doctor visited the patient.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More space when printing chart notes

We would like to be able to again put spaces between categories in the soap encounter note. ie: spaces between HPI, PMH, social history etc. This will make it easier to read.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
  20. H&P (History and Physical) Form

We would like H&P (history and physical) added as a specific chart note type in Practice Fusion. And the data should flow to the first SOAP note for that patient as well, for documentation purposes. Choosing from a checklist is the ideal way for this to be implemented. For now, we're using chart note templates for this, but it is not at all optimized for rapid H&P entry.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  4 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base