Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reduce keystrokes to super bill

The new superbill is aesthetically pleasing but requires MANY more keystrokes to submit, which adds a significant amount of time over the course of billing, say, 50 notes, like I do at one sitting weekly at least. I would like to click 1x to add a procedure code (currently I have to click 3x -- 1x to open the dropdown, 1x to select the code, 1x to "add"), 1x for a diagnosis (currently 3x -- 1x to bring the dropdown, 1x for "previous diagnoses" which is the only one I ever use, 1x to close that window), and 2-3x to…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Copay and Payment Report

We need to be able to print a daily report for payments (copay and other)

243 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

3. Medicare and Medicaid Insurance Eligibility

We would like to be able to verify patients' eligibility for Medicaid & Medicare insurance, in addition to all of the other insurances that we can verify eligibility for now.

232 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

4. Ability to add date ranges to procedures in the superbill

We would like the ability to add date ranges to procedures in the superbill.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  Nina responded

We would like to hear from other members of our community on how they’d like to see this feature improved as well. Feel free to add your voice to this idea by commenting below. We are listening attentively to every request submitted by our customers.

5. Scan Insurance Cards directly into Insurance Section

It would be great if we could scan insurance cards at check-in directly into the insurance section of the patient profile.

1,220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Additional Fields for Superbill HL7

PF provides all the necessary data in the Printable Superbill, but the HL7 export version of the same Superbill is missing several fields from that superbill.

If PF can give us the complete information in the HL7 version of the super bill the Doctor's office can save a lot of time and effort by importing the HL7 Superbill into their own practice management system. This will give doctors' offices more choices to create bills quickly and save a lot of labor hours by reducing redundancy.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Send "Amount Paid" to claim on AdvancedMD

Currently the copay in the amount paid field on the Superbill doesn't send anything to the claim on AdvancedMD. The Notes fields does send the copay to AdvancedMD, but not in the claim. It goes to a different destination on AdvancedMD, and it is really difficult to locate this information.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello ebailey. We are aware of this deficiency and we have asked AdvancedMD to modify their logic to properly transmit this field across. We have shared your feedback with them so they can make a change.

8. Easier Date Entry in Superbill

We would like the "To" Date in the superbill to be the same as the "From" Date by default.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Print Billing Report

We would like to be able to print the billing report

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pass Guarantor, Next of Kin, and Guardian info to Kareo

If we have a patient that is a minor, there is an area for the guarantor/parent/guardian to be posted, but it is not transferred to Kareo. This is very important, being that the patient is a minor.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Wendy,

Unfortunately, Kareo does not accept these fields at the present time. We are waiting for them to accept the fields and then we will flow the data to them.

11. Bulk Upload Insurance Information

Could there be a way to upload patient insurance information, in a similar way we upload patient demographics? E.g., have the information on a spreadsheet, and then upload it?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automatically Flow Referring Physician from Patient's Care Team to "Referring Physician" in Superbill

When completing a superbill, there is an option to fill in Referring Physician, which our billing company requires us to do. It would be nice if the field could be populated automatically with the Referring Physician from the Profile Care Team [which is a great new feature - thank you!].

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Return Visit Fields in Superbill

We would like to have these fields as structured in the Superbill:

Return Visit in _____Days ____Weeks ____Months
    Reason for return visit ________

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Customize Superbills with Tax ID Number

Since I do not contract with insurance companies, I provide my patients with a receipt/superbill so that they can submit it to their insurance company for reimbursement.

However, many insurance companies require my tax/employer ID and the multiple clinic addresses where I see patients. Is there any way to add a "customization" text box to the superbill function/template to make it easier for patients? Thanks!

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Partially Resolved  ·  Aliza responded

Hi everyone – to provide some clarification, please note that the Tax ID field on the printed superbill populates based on the EIN/TIN entered into the Medical Identifiers section of your User Settings (under Settings, go to Users and click on your name to edit your details). Once you have entered your EIN/TIN into your User Settings and saved your changes, log out and back into the EHR to see these changes reflected on your printed superbills. The practice/group EIN entered into the Practice Details settings will not populate on the superbill, as detailed in the Knowledge Base article below.

https://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/483406-how-do-i-print-the-superbill

15. Jump to patient chart from billing report

When there are errors in the billing report, like no insurance or address, it is time-consuming to go to the chart tab and search for the name. We should be able to go directly to the patient chart from the billing report.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow superbills to be saved as drafts without completing CPT or Diagnosis

Our staff obtains pre-auths, approvals ( work comp/ HMO) etcdays prior to office visit. They need to record this info in the superbill. They should be able to open encounter, change date to date of encounter, and add the auth info to the superbill for that day and save. Once patient is seen, then diagnosis and CPT will be added, and then it's ready for biller. Currently superbill cannot be saved without CPT and ICD codes, which impedes our practice's workflow.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BMI on Superbill

Some insurances require the BMI on the billing transmission. It is too difficult as a provider to keep track of which insurances and then if any particular patient is in that insurance, so we end up putting the BMI on every superbill. It would save time if that data was automatically populated.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to hide historical diagnoses in Superbill diagnosis selection

We would like the option to hide historical diagnoses on the Superbill to eliminate potential errors/confusion. And or, find a way to highlight a Primary Diagnosis in both the chart and the Superbill.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

As of January 2016, the diagnosis selector in the superbill has been improved to better delineate the difference between Encounter Diagnoses, Active Diagnoses, and Historical Diagnoses. This should make it much easier to avoid potential errors and confusion.

19. Superbill Report by Date of Service

If someone wants to Audit a month's charges, the Superbill Report and Chart Note Report should both be pulled by Date of Service. Right now, this is not the case. Superbill Report is generated on the basis of Date of creation and Chart Note Report is generated on the basis of Date of Service.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Quickbooks Integration

I am an independent RN Case Manager and I found your program through my physician that does home visits. I absolutely Love it and it fits well for the most part with my own practice.

I would like a link with QuickBooks so that my bookkeeper can do my invoicing right from my program notes

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base