Product Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrating In-House Office Laboratory Information System

We perform the majority of our labs in office. We would like to be able to integrate our in-house Laboratory Information System with Practice Fusion

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

2. Remember "Other" Lab Vendor

We would like the lab ordering screen to remember what our "other" lab vendors are so we don't have to retype them and select every time.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

3. Order multiple labs with a single click

It would be great if the lab template could be printed with a single click rather than having to click through each test one by one.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know to support it by clicking the ‘I want this’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap throughout the year.

4. Monthly Lab Reports

We would like the ability to print incomplete and completed lab requests/results on a monthly basis for follow up with our patients. Many patients do not go and we need to track that. We log everything into a log book now so if we could print a report from PF we could eliminate the log book.

We would need one report for requested and one for completed. Or one report showing complete and incomplete.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Better Categorization of Lab Tests and Results

One practical way to help both physicians and patients view, understand, and share the cumulative results of all patient diagnostic tests in the Practice Fusion EHR and tethered PHR much more efficiently is to display the results as complete, integrated and actionable information. This can be accomplished by utilizing a clinically intuitive standard reporting format that classifies the more than 7,500 available tests into logical categories and subcategories.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Constrain Lab Results to Facility

We have two locations. It would be helpful to be able to filter out lab/imaging results from our other clinic site so you only see the results pertaining to one facility.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Patient-viewable lab comment

I would like a comments area for a lab result that I can type in and then share with the patient in the PHR. I would use this for conveying additional information or instructions about what to do regarding an abnormal lab result, among other things.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create Orders and Send to PHR

Create custom orders for therapy, devices, etc that are electronically signed and can be sent to the patient via Patient Fusion

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mark a Lab as Reviewed (Not Signed)

I would love a reviewed mark to show that the lab was seen, but not yet signed. This is really important when covering for my partners who aren't in the office.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Track Ongoing Treatment Plan

For mental health, we have a patient-specific treatment plan that should be accessible to case notes for that client and treatment plan reviews.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Maintain "Other" Facility Name when Manually Entering Lab Results & Orders

We are manually input Lab or Imaging results or orders, I would like for the system to be able to remember the name of the facility I put in in the drop down menu so that I do not have to type it each and every time later on. Thanks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Print Lab Orders a Day In Advance

Can we have an option to print it before it's sent so we can have that handy? or should we just send it and then hand write in the collection date/time?

Our office opens with the first half hour being only for lab draws. In the interest of time, we currently fill out our lab requisition forms for labcorp the day before and they are all ready to go when the patients get in. Therefore when the patient arrives, there is no need to look in the EMR or chart in order to find out what labs they need drawn,…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In Lab Ordering, send cell phone if home phone doesn't exist

We're starting to experiment with sending lab orders electronically today now that it's available. We have a number of patients with only cell phone and no home phone, so we never have entered a home phone number. However, generating a lab order requires us to go back and enter a home phone or we can't complete the order.

If they have a cell phone but no home phone, we would like to populate the order with the cell instead.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Attach scanned documents to Lab/Image Orders

Our imaging centers are not doing electronic results reporting, so we can create an imaging order in them EMR, print that order, fax/send it with the patient.

Our imaging results are sent to us as faxed documents, which we upload into the chart. I would like to designate those faxed documents as "results" for an imaging (or lab) order and attach the results to the order itself somehow.

Obviously, it would still have to be done manually but it can be done when it's uploaded as a document and then assigned to me as an unsigned result by the staff…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow lab and imaging orders to be created directly from a SOAP note/visit encounter

When patients come in for their visits, we will often make a plan for them that includes imaging, lab or even referrals. Unfortunately there is no way to do this directly from the encounter for that visit, nor is it recorded in that encounter. We can order medications during a specific encounter and it's recorded as having been done then, we should also be able to order lab and imaging.
    If a patient comes in with an ankle injury and I order an xray for it, I have to document it in my plan by writing "will order xray" and…

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Specify ordering provider in lab ordering

We're starting to really work on possibly making the transition to electronic ordering for lab, since labcorp is going to make that possible soon. There are a couple of things I noticed are missing from the webinar and the tutorial video.

Because there's no longer a forums, this isn't an ideal place to ask these questions or present these issues, but short of opening a ticket, I'm not sure how else to present them.
    1--We often order follow up labs months in advance. How does one order labs to be done 3 months from now? That wasn't reviewed in either…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Visually Trend a Patient's Labs

We would love to see a visual trending of a patient's lab values over time.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pin Lab Note to top of Lab Result

The new Note feature in the lab header is a better solution than writing notes on each lab line since one would never know later on that a comment was inside the lab. However the Lab Note box is inefficient since you must scroll down to see the lab, memorize it, and then scroll up to write the note. Could the Note box float so you always have access to it while you scroll down thru the lab result as some web pages do for some dialogs?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Office lab Tests

I need a way to provide 14 results for this one test, a urinalysis. This would work better as a report with drop downs and a place to add comments.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pre-populate patient name in Unassigned Labs

It would be a good idea if the search box for unassigned labs had the patient's name pre-populated. Use to be that way until today. Often it just take a slight change in the spelling.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base