Product Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default to My Tasks

When completing tasks I notice that each time, the tasks from the entire practice are listed, and one must once again choose the 'my tasks' icon to limit the task list. Can the default be limited to my tasks, and allow the user to see other tasks as needed?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Admin →
  2. Lock icons in the preview menu for lab results

Having lock icons on the lab results in the preview section like the encounters would be helpful, so that at a glance one can see whether or not a lab has been signed off or not.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Refill field tab problem

When writing prescriptions and tabbing to the refill box, the box does not stay highlighted and you have to reclick on the box. Just a small thing but it would be helpful if the box would stay highlighted.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sort Labs by Received Date.

In the date/status column of PF lab reports, the date should be the received date of the specimen. The date PF uses is the reported date which can have many variable factors.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Print Meaningful Use dashboard

Please add a "Print" button or link to allow for well-formatted printing of the new Meaningful Use dashboard.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Increase font size

we need text size to be able to get bigger

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

As of September 2015, customers are able to modify the size of the text when editing sections of the chart note.

You can read more about rich text editing and how to change the font size here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/548442-how-do-i-use-rich-text-editing-when-charting-my-en

If you are interested in increasing the readable font size generally throughout any section of the EHR, you can learn how to do that here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/554913-how-do-i-adjust-the-font-size-in-my-browser

7. Appointment Detail Report

It would be great if we were able to generate a report that compiled a list of all patients that have been No Showed or Cancelled (or simply Seen) for a specified time frame. The report should include the patients last visit before the No Showed or Cancelled appointment and their phone numbers and emails. We should be able to print the report as well.

357 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Nina responded

Hi everyone – As of 1/24/2017, we have released the new Appointment Report to all practices. This report allows practices to review and filter appointments by facility, status, provider, and date, making it easier to track cancellations, no shows, and other scheduling details.

You can read more about the new Appointment Report here:

http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/1124125

8. Remove automatic periods from being added to template items

Can you remove the automatic periods that appear at the end of each template item? The concept of a template is to create a macro that can be customized to each user's preference. If you could make them user-customizable, that would be best.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Admin →
  9. Document Type Filter in Patient Documents List

It would save time if we could categorize patients' documents by document type within the patients charts.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →
  10. Prior Authorization for Prescriptions

Recently saw a demo for CompletEPA (surescripts) for medication prior authorizations. Because it is real-time and integrates into existing EHRs, I think it will significantly reduce the amount of time that my staff and I spend on medication PAs, and it will improve patient care, compliance, and satisfaction. Would love to have the ability to add this service (or a comparable one) to Practice Fusion.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remember Prescription Print Settings

Need to make switch to NY state Rx format permanent instead of having to reset with each new prescription

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Medication Reconciliation Improvements

Reconciling medications is currently multi-click task to accomplish. After verifiying what is needed, it reverts back to initial task- and it simply takes so much time to accomplish. A lot of times, there are no medications to reconcile anyway.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Admin →
  13. In "Previous Encounters", list chief complaint

When editing a SOAP note I click on "Previous Encounters" in the left window and all I see is a list of dates with "Office Visit: SOAP Note"
    It would be more useful if this displayed the Chief Complaint for the previous encounter instead

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

I am happy to report that under “Previous Encounters”, we now display the date, encounter type, note type, and Chief Complaint.

Please continue to let us know how we can make PF the best EHR for your practice.

14. Insurance and Copay columns on the schedule

For the patients that have copays and are entered in their account, it would be nice to reflect it on the schedule. Perhaps create a column on the schedule. It's hard to know the patient's copay while on the scheduling dialog box. If you were to click on "Chart" and go find it under Profile, the appointment you were making is no longer there. It would be nice to save time by not having to go to the patient's chart after scheduling the patient's appointment and then typing it in the 'chief complaint'.

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  15. Diagnosis Charting Improvements

Associating diagnosis codes to a specific date of service went from selecting bullets (in the old EHR) to individually adding each and every diagnosis (in the new EHR). Please bring back the bullets for diagnoses.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Diagnoses  ·  Admin →

The PF EHR now allows you to select “Add All” diagnoses when charting. This functionality now requires fewer clicks than the previous version of the EHR.

As always, thank you for submitting your ideas for improving the PF EHR.

16. Display preferred phone number on Scheduler

Schedule should show home phone number in addition to mobile phone number. It should print the preferred method of contact or the only number available not just mobile numbers.

215 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  19 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  17. Change SOAP note type to "No Show" if patient cancels or no-shows

Currently, when a patient is a no show or has cancelled their appt, we can see this under the Appointment tab.
    However, when the appt is generated, it creates an encounter. As the appt is no longer valid, the dr still has to go in and sign off on this to take it out of their task list.
    Because we track these no-shows and cancellations, we do not delete them. I would like the option under the encounter to list the "Encounter Type" as a No-Show or Cancellation. (Currently I use "Letter" and put information on the no-show of cancellation…

1,762 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Nina responded

Hi everyone – As of 1/19/2017, we have introduced a new schedule setting to all practices that allows administrators to determine if encounters will be auto-generated for appointments marked as cancelled or no-show.

You can read more about schedule settings here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/482832

We have also introduced a new Appointment Report that allows practices to review and filter appointments by facility, status, provider, and date, making it easier to track cancellations, no shows, and other scheduling details.

You can read more about the new Appointment Report here:

http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/1124125

18. Sort Frequent Diagnosis Codes Differently

When searching for a frequent dx code I have to scroll through every one because it is currently sorting by the code rather than the descriptor. I would like this to be alphabetical. It serves no use currently as it takes less time to search for it in the search box than scroll down through the list.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Diagnoses  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow for immunization synonyms and brand names in vaccine list

Even though "pneumococcal conjugate, 13 valent" is in the vaccine list, please make it more obvious that this generic name is also known as "Prevnar-13" so we can find things easier

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Send eRx even for Prescriptions with Stop Dates

Currently, when our provider adds a stop date to the order, it disables his ability to send electronic prescriptions. If the stop date field is empty, the prescription can go through. He would like to use the stop date field to show that the patient has stopped the medication.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base