Product Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Go To" action dropdown to specific Note section

I'd like the ability to "Go To" specifically, the Subjective, Objective, Assessment, or Plan section of the Note, not just the Note itself.

Let's make it just a bit more specific. Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

Hi everyone—I’m happy to report that this functionality has been added to the EHR as of 5/22/2015.

2. Make Active and Inactive patients more obvious when selecting throughout the EHR

When opening the new appointment window, active and non-active patients look the same, thus causing potential errors to occur.

373 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

Thanks to everyone for providing your thoughts on how inactive patients should be displayed in Practice Fusion.

As of 03/25/2016, to reduce confusion when working with patient lists, we have made it more obvious in the main Charts section when a patient is inactive.

You will see the words “Inactive” in the patient list as well as the patient header when you are working with an inactive patient.

Additionally, if a patient is marked as inactive, she or he will not appear in search results for appointments, messages, labs, or refills. If you would like a patient to appear in those search results for selection, you’ll need to mark the patient as Active.

3. Compact Schedule Printing

The new update has changed the schedule view to be much longer, wasting lots of space and making it hard to see the entire schedule. The printed schedule is now 3 pages long as well, which wastes space and paper. We utilize the printed schedule everyday, and the small compacted 1 page schedule was what we worked with.

513 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  4. Can PF make the lab orders section so that providers can just enter the lab tests they want instead of searching for them by typing?

We do all of our labs in-house and don't bill so it takes a lot longer to search by word for a lab test versus just typing for example : cbc, cmp, etc. Please consider an option to manually enter lab tests.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Alerts regarding patient on scheduler or intake

have a field that office can input patient specific alerts pertaining to Billing (like balance due or account in collections) or Appointment Scheduling (like patient discharged, do not schedule) etc.
    This would be incredibly helpful to scheduling staff to have alert box pop up that indicates this type of information. This way, staff can address when client is on the phone setting up an appointment.
    Thank you

2,274 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You asked and we listened: Use Pinned notes to manage non-clinical reminders
    Practice Fusion continues to take major steps toward updating your EHR with even more features and enhanced workflows. With Practice Fusion’s Pinned Note feature, we have made it easier for practice staff to quickly view pertinent custom details about patients before they are scheduled, before check in, or during a patient visit. A Pinned Note is the ideal place to record non-clinical information specific to an individual patient, where you can have important information readily available. Thanks you to everyone who voted and helped make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. https://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/1845769

6. Finish Sending eRx and stay in SOAP note

I usually have to keep editing the plan, and every time I refill a medications, I need to scroll back to plan.
    The feature ordering multiple medications is very good. Thank you, guys!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone—I am happy to report that this workflow issue has been resolved for our customers as of 5/29/2015.

7. Multiple prescriptions

Kudos! Love the feature. Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Effective end date" Insurance Portion

Requested this from the old interface and since the new interface still doesn't have this - Please bring the "Effective To" insurance portion back! This is helpful
    - when a patient has the same insurance but different ID numbers and each ID was only effective during a specific time frame.
    - when patients decide to swap back to a former insurance that we already have on file (happens more often than you think!)
    -referral purposes

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mark patient appointment as confirmed

A status option of confirmed would be nice to note when pt. have been called to remind of appointments. Could note confirmed status for after patient is contacted

579 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  10. Ideas to improve the Medication List

The medication list is the life blood of my practice. I see you have disabled the list. While I am in the chart note, or any part of the chart for that matter, I would like to drop down the medication list like a shade from the top of the page. It should be a full screen list all the way across. It should include all medications with dates updated and prescribed. I want to have better tracking of medications, which ones were tried, why they didn't work, why they were discontinued, etc. I know the information is available, but…

481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have completed appointments hidden on "today's" view but present on calendar

The old EHR hid completed appointments on the daily view but kept them on the weekly calendar so that you could look back over your previous day's schedule. The new EHR keeps the appointments thus making your later appointments in the day below the screen or completely erasing them from the weekly view.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow attachments to patients' messages

Patients are not able to send documents via the messaging system. This would be great if they can send old charts, results they have, etc.

290 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Aliza responded

Hi everyone – As of 11/17/17, patients are able to attach files and hyperlinks to messages that they send to their provider from within the patient portal. When received in the EHR, these files and hyperlinks can be saved as documents to attach to the patient chart.

For more information on handling patient message attachments, please see our Knowledge Base article here:

https://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/483766-how-do-i-use-patient-messaging

13. Delegating e-prescribing ability to practice staff

Staff, other than prescribers (i.e. MAs and nurses) need to be able to send e-prescriptions in the physician's name.

1,564 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We need the ability to enter more than one blood pressure

Often, more than one blood pressure reading is taken during a visit. For example, if a patient needs to be assessed for dehydration, or if the BP is very high. There needs to be a way to enter more than one BP reading, including whether it was taken standing, sitting, or lying, and in which arm.

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cross reference from ICD 9 to ICD 10 Diagnosis Codes

We would like to List ICD 9 and show corresponding ICD 10 code

410 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As of 8/11/2015, we have deployed ICD-10 coding for Practice Fusion superbills in all PF practices to make sure you are prepared for the October 2015 CMS ICD-10 deadline.

We have also incorporated ICD-10 diagnosis coding directly in the clinical and lab ordering workflows.

To learn more, you can visit our ICD-10 Center here: http://www.practicefusion.com/icd-10/

Additionally, there are 3 helpful knowledge base articles available:
    http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/486111-how-do-i-add-icd-10-diagnoses-to-a-patient-chart

http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/637453-how-do-i-use-icd-10-when-creating-a-superbill

http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/734298-how-do-i-add-icd-10-diagnoses-to-lab-and-image-ord

16. Edit or Delete Lab and Imaging Order Templates

It would be great to delete or alter lab order or imaging order templates once made.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  atinney responded

As of tonight’s release, we now offer support for editing and deleting lab and imaging order templates. Keep in mind that templates are lab/imaging center specific, and can be shared with your entire practice. Select the pencil icon next to your templates to use the new edit and delete functionality.

17. Attaching documents to referrals

For referrals, it would be helpful to attach lab results and documents as well as the encounters.

461 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Referrals  ·  Admin →
  18. Would like cancelled & no show appointments to be hidden when hiding Seen appointments

Can you fix it to where the no-show & cancelled appointments disappear off of the schedule like the seen appointments? It will save so much time scrolling through the day's schedule & will definitely make the day schedule look cleaner. Thanks.

307 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  19. Custom Insurance Reports

I need a list of all my patients who have a certain insurance. Is there a way to run a report for that?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
  20. Patient Insurance Eligibility Checks

I would like to be able to check the patient insurance eligibility when I schedule the patient for an appointment.

260 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As of 9/15/2015, we have released our Eligibility functionality for 100% of Practice Fusion practices.

You can read more about Eligibility at this knowledge base article: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/637468

Additionally, if you’re interested in having us expand Eligibility checks to include Medicare & Medicaid, you can vote for that idea here:
    http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/forums/276361-product-ideas/suggestions/9775089-medicare-and-medicaid-insurance-eligibility

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base