Product Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Medical Excuse Document

We would like to have a document in a document library that we manage that will allow us to fill out, save to a patient record, and print for them.

183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Acknowledged  ·  15 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →
  2. Indicate an appointment slot is being worked on to prevent overbooking

As we, and I am sure many other practices have more than one person scheduling at the same time, it would be great if a time slot could be locked when one person is scheduling an appointment. We had a few instances where we ended up double booked in the same slot because both employees were entering an appointment at the same time and there is no way to know if another person is adding a patient to that time slot when you are.

181 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

3. Custom Flowsheet Fields

We would like to have custom fields so we can track the results that we want to in our practice.

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

4. Virtual Visits

I'd love to have Virtual Visits available for my practice and my patients.

176 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

5. Re-send Referral Option

I would like to see a "Resend" option added to referrals. It is too time consuming to recreate a referral and send it again.

176 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  11 comments  ·  Referrals  ·  Admin →
  6. Tracking a patient's authorizations and referrals

It would be very helpful if there was a section to track the patients' authorizations. For example, if a patient requires auth./referral the system should be able to keep count & send alerts when a patient only has ONE/NO authorization in file.

Also there should be a section where we can add the patient's primary care physicians and referring doctors.

If we do issue a referral, there should be a section where we keep track of where we refer our patients and who refer them to us.

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Referrals  ·  Admin →

7. Custom Encounter Notes for Psychotherapists

Not all Practice Fusion users are physicians or other providers who would be entering in typical medical data such as vitals. It would be more appropriate for this information to be asked for ONLY in encounter notes completed by those providers needing to use a template that requires it. Psychotherapists for example, would not need this information and generally do not use such information in the daily work of their practice.

Furthermore the SOAP note is somewhat out of date for many psychotherapists. Many are not being encouraged and/or were trained on DAP style notes. It would be best if…

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Diagnosis List Ranking & Linking

It would be paramount to organization, flow and reimbursement if we could rank diagnoses in order of importance during each visit in the Assessment portion of the note, and then link diagnoses to procedure codes in the Plan of each note. Currently, I can rearrange the order of diagnoses, but it does not hold that order in Finalize or future notes. This is a quick and rudimentary method of justifying in each note, why each procedure was performed or how each diagnosis was addressed, without additional sentences or explanations that create clutter in a note.

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Diagnoses  ·  Admin →

This is a solid idea. We’re currently digging into how our current Problem List works and this is valuable input for how we may shape this feature.

How else would you like to see the Problem List evolve and improve?

9. Save Custom Sigs

I would like to be able to customize the "sig" for a medication (and have it save) to reflect how I usually prescribe my medications. Some of the pre-populated sigs are not in line with how I word my instructions. It would save me a lot of time if I could populate my most common medications with my own sigs. Perhaps an option to "save sig" after I free type?

166 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Medications  ·  Admin →

10. Print Billing Report

We would like to be able to print the billing report

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display Insurance Information on Day View of Scheduler

When displaying a day's appointments under schedule, it would be a major time saver if the user could see some insurance information in two or three extra columns. Payer name , subscriber's insurance ID would be two extremely useful pieces of information to have on that screen. Thank you in advance for considering the idea

162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion.

We would like to hear from others how they’d like to see this scheduler grid be enhanced and improved.

12. Multiple Appointment Types and Accompanying Durations in Online Appointment Booking

The online scheduler currently only allows the patient to choose from one appointment type. I propose that the patient is able to choose from separate appointment types like new appointment, follow up, acute, etc.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Patient Intake Forms without Registering

Patients do not want to have to remember another username and password.

Please allow patients to submit new patient forms online without having to register for a Patient Fusion account. Their name and DOB should just be automatically linked to the chart in Practice Fusion, just like when the request appointments online.

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Restrict access to sections of a patient's chart

It would be helpful to have granular permissions for viewing clinical information, such that a limited user could input data on a patient's demographics profile, but could not access the medical records for a patient. For a new employee, it would help us to have them input info, but not check on the actual medical records.

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Print Documents in Bulk

Printing documents from the document section is very time consuming. Please provide date range print ability for documents.

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →

16. Delete Patient Message

I inadvertently posted a personal message into a patient's chart and now am unable to remove it. It is not related to the patient's health history and should not be part of the permanent record, however there is no way to delete it.

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Admin →

17. Appointment Reminder Report

A report that can be generated daily on when the patient was contacted via the automated message system reminding them of their appointment and that also lists how they were contacted (ex: email, text or call). So that when a patient says they weren't notified we can have the proof.

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  7 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
  18. Message a patient with an education form or instruction sheet

It would be great to be able to message a patient and attach a file such as an education form or instruction sheet. Or provide the education forms for the practice in practice fusion.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Appointment Reminder Email Content Hide/Show/Customize

The two parts of the email that are causing problems are:

-The "please arrive five minutes early" line, because arrival needs vary wildly and some providers do housecalls where it's not even relevant.

-The address line, because it confuses people who have surgery appointments at other locations.

There's no need to revamp the email or make it customizable. That would be nice for sure, but we know there are higher priorities for the developers. It would help quite a bit just to remove these two sections.

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom School, Camp, & Wic Form Templates for Letters

As a pediatrician I must print many school and camp forms. It save time if we could populate the form and print it out.

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base