Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyboard Navigation of State Address Dropdown List

When adding an address in insurance or in patient information, we would like to be able to type the first letter of the state and have the state come up. Having to scroll down and select on is inefficient.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  Nina responded

As of 10/27/16, you can now search for items within a drop-down menu by typing the first few letters, which will jump you directly to the desired item.

2. Free text in Environmental Allergies

There is a somewhat limited selection of environmental allergies. It would be nice to have a free text selection for the allergies. Ex: unable to add allergy for shampoo due to missing selection in pull down list.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Allergies  ·  Admin →
  3. Display "Electronically Signed" for signed chart notes

We would like to have encounters say "electronically signed" instead of simply saying "signed"

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

We are happy to announce that encounters now say “electronically signed” instead of “signed.”

4. Allow patients to cancel and/or reschedule appointments

Can you enhance Patient Fusion functionality to allow patients to cancel and/or reschedule their own appointments online, rather than having to call the office? Would need to have boundaries. For example, only allow canceling or rescheduling up to 24 hours before appointment (if within that 24 hours, must email or call office).
    Thank you.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! We have released the ability allowing patients to reschedule and cancel appointments from their patient portal.

Thanks for providing all of your input and requests for this feature and we’re delighted to release it.

You can learn more about this feature here:

How to process the requests:
    http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/713967-how-do-i-process-online-appointment-booking-resche

How a patient booking an appointment online:
    http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/713775

5. Delegate Immunization Registry Submission to other users

In our office nurses administer the vaccines. You should provide the ability for nurses to transmit it to the State Registry, rather than requiring a physician to do it.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Customize Providers for Scheduling Dropdown

When scheduling a patient, all PF users are listed as "providers" in the dropdown list. I have only one billing provider, the other users are support staff and do not require schedules for the office. If I could customize the list of providers that are in the dropdown when scheduling appointments, it would save two clicks.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  7. Payer Insurance information listed on top of chart

It would be nice to see the payer type / insurer when charting. Would like to see this listed at the type right beside the name, birth date and email. This would save the step of clicking on the profile every-time.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Edit or Delete Lab and Imaging Order Templates

It would be great to delete or alter lab order or imaging order templates once made.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  atinney responded

As of tonight’s release, we now offer support for editing and deleting lab and imaging order templates. Keep in mind that templates are lab/imaging center specific, and can be shared with your entire practice. Select the pencil icon next to your templates to use the new edit and delete functionality.

9. Edit Patient Demographic Data from Scheduler

I would like the choice to add an email address and change other demographic information at the schedule while I'm creating an appointment for a patient.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  10. Bulk Patient Chart Note Printing

Would like to be able to print off all/ some encounters from a patient's chart without having to open each individually

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

Hi everybody, when looking at a patient, you can choose “Actions: Print patient chart”. A screen will open that will allow you to choose what to print for that patient. You can choose all of their encounters (up to 50) to print if you like.

11. Allow for immunization synonyms and brand names in vaccine list

Even though "pneumococcal conjugate, 13 valent" is in the vaccine list, please make it more obvious that this generic name is also known as "Prevnar-13" so we can find things easier

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have completed appointments hidden on "today's" view but present on calendar

The old EHR hid completed appointments on the daily view but kept them on the weekly calendar so that you could look back over your previous day's schedule. The new EHR keeps the appointments thus making your later appointments in the day below the screen or completely erasing them from the weekly view.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  13. Print Active Medication List

There should be an option to print current medications alone without historical medications.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Aliza responded

Hello everyone – As of 2/16/2017, we have introduced the ability to customize your printed medication lists. You can now save paper and select only the most relevant medication information for your patient care needs by printing a patient’s active, historical, or complete medication list from the chart Summary or encounter.

You can read more about how to print customized medication lists here:
    http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/483088-how-do-i-print-a-patient-s-chart-or-certain-sectio

14. "Effective end date" Insurance Portion

Requested this from the old interface and since the new interface still doesn't have this - Please bring the "Effective To" insurance portion back! This is helpful
    - when a patient has the same insurance but different ID numbers and each ID was only effective during a specific time frame.
    - when patients decide to swap back to a former insurance that we already have on file (happens more often than you think!)
    -referral purposes

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like for providers who don't eRx (e-prescribe) to have an Online Booking Page

I'd like Practice Fusion to verify providers who don't prescribe, so we can have Online Booking Pages.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone—I’m excited to announce that we have built a way for customers to verify their identity via credit card instead of requiring credit check for e-prescribers only. This will allow non-eprescribers to have online appointment booking pages.

As of 6/19/2015, we have rolled this out to all PF practices.

You can learn more about how this verification works here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/484517-how-do-i-get-a-patient-fusion-online-scheduling-pr

16. Allow multiple facilities to register and transmit immunization files to the registry

Currently, only the primary facility can transmit immunizations to their immunization registry. Immunization registries require that all locations submit their immunizations, differentiated by a location identifier. Each facility under Practice Fusion should be able to register and transmit immunization files to their chosen registry.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As of December 17, 2015, the PF EHR offers multi-facility support for immunization registry submissions.

You can read more about how to register multiple facilities here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/468496-how-do-i-set-up-an-integration-with-my-state-immun

And general information about how to record a vaccine for registry transmission can be found here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/485679-how-do-i-record-a-vaccination-to-trasmit-successfu

17. Allow sending of a message from Documents

It would be great if we could send the patient a message from the document viewer, just as we can from the labs. That would entail many fewer clicks than having to open the chart and send the message, for instance conveying mammogram or other xray results which are still sent as documents in our area.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Admin →
  18. Inline editing and reordering of template items

I'd like to move a template up or down to someplace else in the template while I'm writing a note, and not just from the settings menu. This would be especially helpful when I'm adding a new template item and it doesn't belong at the very bottom.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Admin →
  19. Diagnosis Charting Improvements

Associating diagnosis codes to a specific date of service went from selecting bullets (in the old EHR) to individually adding each and every diagnosis (in the new EHR). Please bring back the bullets for diagnoses.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Diagnoses  ·  Admin →

The PF EHR now allows you to select “Add All” diagnoses when charting. This functionality now requires fewer clicks than the previous version of the EHR.

As always, thank you for submitting your ideas for improving the PF EHR.

20. Easier access to "record patient reminder"

Currently, the Actions menu in a patient's chart allows us to "Record patient reminder". It would be nice to have easier access to mark that we've handled the "record patient reminder". Perhaps a checkbox next to the appointment under the daily "appointments" tab in the schedule so we can tell if we have done them all every day?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base