Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort Labs by Received Date.

In the date/status column of PF lab reports, the date should be the received date of the specimen. The date PF uses is the reported date which can have many variable factors.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Print Meaningful Use dashboard

Please add a "Print" button or link to allow for well-formatted printing of the new Meaningful Use dashboard.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Display PRN at top of Patient Chart Header

When you are viewing the patient's chart, you should see the patient's PRN at the top of the patient header, along with DOB and other details.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Chart Note Macros

We would like to be able to define a short abbreviation (usually with a special character so it cannot be accidentally typed) that expands to whatever text you want. It is found in some EHRs, a stand-alone program called AsUType, and WordPerfect.

For instance: type a '.' (period), followed by "otc" and a space, and it automatically becomes "over the counter"

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

Hi everyone—I am pleased to announce that we have released this time-saving feature to all Practice Fusion customers as of 8/4/2015.

You can read more about how Template Settings for creating macros works here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/484527-how-do-i-create-new-templates-and-edit-existing-te

And information on using macros in a chart note here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/483339-charting-with-templates

5. Can PF make the lab orders section so that providers can just enter the lab tests they want instead of searching for them by typing?

We do all of our labs in-house and don't bill so it takes a lot longer to search by word for a lab test versus just typing for example : cbc, cmp, etc. Please consider an option to manually enter lab tests.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. American Sign Language as "Primary Language"

The majority of my practice is working with the Deaf community. Currently there is no option for American Sign Language - or even an "other" category. Please add to the list of languages.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unify Navigation Across the Top

Expand the top menu items to every screen. Example: on the Home screen menu buttons at the top are Dashboard, Documents,
    & Directory. Schedule screen has Schedule & Appointment requests. Task screen has only Task tab/button. Charts only has Patient List tab/button. Would be nice just to have these tabs/buttons across that row on each screen as a quick button to those sections of the EHR. Would save clicks and time from clicking on each screen to find the section you need followed by clicking on that tab itself. If I am in the task section, I have to click…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. Default to My Tasks

When completing tasks I notice that each time, the tasks from the entire practice are listed, and one must once again choose the 'my tasks' icon to limit the task list. Can the default be limited to my tasks, and allow the user to see other tasks as needed?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Admin →
  9. Send eRx even for Prescriptions with Stop Dates

Currently, when our provider adds a stop date to the order, it disables his ability to send electronic prescriptions. If the stop date field is empty, the prescription can go through. He would like to use the stop date field to show that the patient has stopped the medication.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Formatting of Chart Note Headers

SOAP headers need to be a different color from the rest of the headers. It's difficult trying to find the title "Subjective" "Objective" " Assessment" and "Plan" since everything is scattered and written in blue.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
  11. Finish Sending eRx and stay in SOAP note

I usually have to keep editing the plan, and every time I refill a medications, I need to scroll back to plan.
    The feature ordering multiple medications is very good. Thank you, guys!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone—I am happy to report that this workflow issue has been resolved for our customers as of 5/29/2015.

12. Add Patient's Phone Number to Prescription Printout

We would like to print the patient's phone number on the prescription printout, in addition to address and DOB

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a Filter for "Reminder" Tasks

Reminder tasks only appear in the unsorted Task view. My doctors are used to just looking at the filtered view, so they will never see the "reminder" tasks. I bet a lot of other users just do the sorted view too. The unsorted view very quickly fills up with the various task. Unsigned notes to be completed later, med reconcilation, superbills, etc. Pushing the possibly critical "reminder" task below.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve the Error Messages for Patient Fusion Online Appointment Booking

I had to disable the patients' ability to schedule their appointments onine. Unfortunately , the message they receive is giving the impression that I am not taking ANY appointments, and they assume I am closing down.

I am losing patients. I realize they are not reading the entire message. Perhaps this would be a better error message to display: 'The online scheduler is down for now. Please contact your MD by email or phone to schedule an appointment. "

Thanks, Jan Archer

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bulk “Clinical Document” Export across all Patients

I would like to suggest that P. F. develop a better way to generate a mass “Clinical Document” for submission to the specialty registries. This is an action that is mandatory twice a year to meet M.U.

As it stands right now, to generate a clinical document we have to do it one-by-one, and the registry has told me they will need all of our patients exported to them twice a year.

Please find a way to make this less cumbersome as it’s probably something we’ll all have to do again next year.
    In advance, thanks for your assistance with…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add a uric acid test that I can use in flowsheets

I have a simple request... I love flowsheets so far, but I cannot add serum uric acid to my flowsheets. It is such a common test, but I cannot follow it like the other tests.

Thanks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Edgar,

The uric acid test in serum should now be visible to be added to your flowsheets.

17. Option to hide historical diagnoses in Superbill diagnosis selection

We would like the option to hide historical diagnoses on the Superbill to eliminate potential errors/confusion. And or, find a way to highlight a Primary Diagnosis in both the chart and the Superbill.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As of January 2016, the diagnosis selector in the superbill has been improved to better delineate the difference between Encounter Diagnoses, Active Diagnoses, and Historical Diagnoses. This should make it much easier to avoid potential errors and confusion.

18. Patient Phone Number and Email as column on Patient List

Currently the process of logging into PF and getting to a patient's phone number or email make a quick phone call is very time consuming. It would make a big difference to be able to quickly access patients' contact information as a column in the Patient List.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kory—this has been implemented in our Patient List. If you log in and go to the Charts section, you’ll see patients’ contact information in the “Contact Info” tab.

19. Multiple prescriptions

Kudos! Love the feature. Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have Gluten as a food allergy in drop down

Need to have gluten as a drop down in food allergies section

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Allergies  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Nina responded

I am happy to report that as of 3/2/16, you can add gluten as a food allergy.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base