Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shrink size of "add photo" text

The "Add Photo" text takes up a large part of the lower part of the photo box. Can we remove the text and leave just the plus symbol? Or move the action of "adding a photo" outside of the box where we actually see the patient's pic?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

We have changed the patient photo interaction to display a pencil icon instead of “Add Photo”. This should make it easier to see the patient’s picture now.

2. Lab Comments

We would like the ability to write a note at the bottom of the lab to cover all pertinent information for the entire lab, rather than each individual lab result.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "Go To" action dropdown to specific Note section

I'd like the ability to "Go To" specifically, the Subjective, Objective, Assessment, or Plan section of the Note, not just the Note itself.

Let's make it just a bit more specific. Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone—I’m happy to report that this functionality has been added to the EHR as of 5/22/2015.

4. Drop the Cursor in Message Box

When replying to an internal message, the cursor should start in the message box. Currently when clicking "reply", it starts in the recipient box, even though there is a recipient.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Admin →

As of 6/26/2015, the cursor will now drop in the message box if you’re replying to a message. Thanks for creating and supporting this idea.

5. More Granular Environmental Allergies

Add cat and dog allergies to the Environmental list, rather than just specifying "Animal Dander"

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Allergies  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone—as of 7/17/2015, we have added cat and dog allergies to the environmental list. Thanks for your patience.

6. Include Attesting Party Name in MU Dashboard Print

The MU Dashboard printout does not include the name or the particulars of the year or period of attestation. This is a significant inconvenience when you are attempting to create reference documents to help you spot changes in the numbers over time and reduces the utility of the printout as a tool in an audit process.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enhance EPrescription Reports

Please include the frequency and total quantity of medications prescribed in eRx reports

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Insert Template Customizations

When I import text from previous visits such as the physical exam, the imported text has the line breaks intact so each part of the exam is on a separate line. When I import from templates, I expect this behavior to persist. Now I have to press <Enter> to separate them out. Please make it where the line breaks are intact when importing from the templates.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Admin →
  9. Office lab Tests

I need a way to provide 14 results for this one test, a urinalysis. This would work better as a report with drop downs and a place to add comments.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Streamline filing of Support Tickets

Can support tickets automatically fill in my practice name, status of use, email, phone number? Support should know who I am from the login.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. Additional color options in Schedule color coding

We would love more colors to choose from. The current colors are similar and hard to differentiate. We would suggest more bolder brighter colors to choose from.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  12. Search Reminder/Tasks by Patient

Would be useful to search reminder/tasks for patients to pull up all reminders on them to prevent duplicating reminders or to just see all reminders for a patient.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Nina responded

As of 1/26/2017, all practices have the ability to search tasks by patient.

13. Vaccine expiration dates

Occasionally, I'll find that vaccine expiration dates are off by a day or 2 usually from how they were put in. Can you correct this?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Additional Allergy Items

Please add onion to the food allergy list

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Allergies  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone—as of 7/17/2015, we have added onions to the food list. Thanks for your patience.

15. Remember Prescription Print Settings

Need to make switch to NY state Rx format permanent instead of having to reset with each new prescription

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow us to edit the types of "Appointment Type" categories

Allow providers to create their own "Appointment Type" drop-down categories rather than limiting us to the 7 options currently available.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  17. New Time Filter in Tasks: 30 days

For incomplete tasks, add a '30 days' option - currently '7 days' and 'all time' are available, but we would like an additional "Next 30 days" filter.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Admin →
  18. Refill field tab problem

When writing prescriptions and tabbing to the refill box, the box does not stay highlighted and you have to reclick on the box. Just a small thing but it would be helpful if the box would stay highlighted.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In Lab Ordering, send cell phone if home phone doesn't exist

We're starting to experiment with sending lab orders electronically today now that it's available. We have a number of patients with only cell phone and no home phone, so we never have entered a home phone number. However, generating a lab order requires us to go back and enter a home phone or we can't complete the order.

If they have a cell phone but no home phone, we would like to populate the order with the cell instead.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Specify ordering provider in lab ordering

We're starting to really work on possibly making the transition to electronic ordering for lab, since labcorp is going to make that possible soon. There are a couple of things I noticed are missing from the webinar and the tutorial video.

Because there's no longer a forums, this isn't an ideal place to ask these questions or present these issues, but short of opening a ticket, I'm not sure how else to present them.
    1--We often order follow up labs months in advance. How does one order labs to be done 3 months from now? That wasn't reviewed in either…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base