Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. E-Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS)

Please set up e-prescribing so that we can Rx schedule 3-5 drugs

676 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

As of 7/31/2015, we have successfully deployed Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances for our practices in 9 states listed below.

There are state-specific rules around EPCS that must be taken into account and it will take us some time to work our way across the country. Stay tuned here for future states that we’ll be certified for EPCS.

In the meantime, you can read more about EPCS here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/502947-how-do-i-activate-e-prescribing-of-controlled-subs

States where EPCS is currently available:
      New York
      Alaska
      Maryland
      Arizona
      Utah
      Hawaii
      Iowa
      Nebraska
      Missouri

• Add a field for preferred names, nicknames, prefixes, and suffixes

It is absolutely necessary to have a field outside of the legal name fields for preferred names, prefixes, and suffixes. We have many patients in our office who go by a name other than the one that appears on their insurance cards. We also have plenty of doctor patients in our office and it would be nice to note that without having to add "Dr." to their first name field or "MD" or "PhD" to their last name field! Or even for clergy! I don't want to add "Father" or "Sister" or "Reverend" to their first names because that prevents…

372 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Quick update here. As of 7/16/2015, we have added a Preferred Name to the Patient Profile page.

We will leave this idea’s status as “In Progress” until we have tackled the prefix/suffix and rolled out Preferred Name to the patient search.

You can read more about recording demographics in the Profile section here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/486113

• Allow for hiding and reordering of chart note sections

In the current encounter form, vital signs and reason of visit are separated from the encounter note by a large number of sections. Please make it possible for doctor to modify the encounter and choose which information from patient's pmh to include in the note and which not to.

208 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Print entire week's appointments

We need the ability to print the schedule for the entire week, rather than just individual days.

99 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
          • Prescription Workflow Enhancements

1.Selecting a medication from the drop-down lists where the dosage form is listed should automatically populate the dosage form section in the prescribing section.
            2. The plan section of the note should NOT automatically close after sending a prescription.
            3. The previous quantity of a prescription medication should automatically populate quantity section of a new prescription.
            4. if you picked a drop down medication direction- Then the computer should populate the day supply after quantity is filled in.
            5. when renewing prescriptions electronically the denial warning should not block the choices for the denial.

80 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Expand Referral Attachment Size beyond 500 KB

We would like to be able to add attachments to referrals larger than 500KB. Most of our medical documents exceed that.

65 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Referrals  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone – we are excited to announce that as of 7/27/17 we have removed the file size restriction for attachments on electronic referrals. Electronic referrals consist of referrals sent through the Practice Fusion network (i.e. to another verified Practice Fusion provider) or via Direct Message (i.e. if the recipient uses a different EHR system).

Please note that attachments for faxed referrals must still be 500KB or less, so if you are sending an electronic referral and wish to exceed that file size limit, make sure you un-check the “Send by Fax” box prior to sending.

• Customize Superbills with Tax ID Number

Since I do not contract with insurance companies, I provide my patients with a receipt/superbill so that they can submit it to their insurance company for reimbursement.

However, many insurance companies require my tax/employer ID and the multiple clinic addresses where I see patients. Is there any way to add a "customization" text box to the superbill function/template to make it easier for patients? Thanks!

48 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone – to provide some clarification, please note that the Tax ID field on the printed superbill populates based on the EIN/TIN entered into the Medical Identifiers section of your User Settings (under Settings, go to Users and click on your name to edit your details). Once you have entered your EIN/TIN into your User Settings and saved your changes, log out and back into the EHR to see these changes reflected on your printed superbills. The practice/group EIN entered into the Practice Details settings will not populate on the superbill, as detailed in the Knowledge Base article below.

https://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/483406-how-do-i-print-the-superbill

• Send Supervising Physician to pharmacy

NPs in Texas have to have the supervising physicians name on prescription. Is there a way this can be added as a structured field to e-prescriptions? At this point I have to add it to each individual prescription.

35 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Just a quick update here. We have updated the PF EHR to send basic supervising provider information and NPI to pharmacies for every e-prescription.

We will be looking into additional changes so supervising provider will appear on printed prescriptions as well, so this idea will remain in “In Progress” status.

You can read about this feature here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/484230-how-do-i-send-an-erx-e-prescription

• Add a risk score assigned to a patient on his chart. The care team will assign this score and should have ability to run report

Risk stratification of the patient is an important activity for the care team. The care team should be able to assign a risk score to the patient. This score should appear on the patient chart. Additionally the care team should be able to generate a patient list based on risk score. This will help in care management and give the ability to the care team to monitor the patient to up/down adjust the care.

14 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone – On 6/08/2017, we released the ability to add Patient Risk Score to the patient chart via the patient Summary page. We will be keeping this feature request in progress for the time being as the requested additional reporting functionality for patient risk score is not currently available.

For detailed information, you can read more about how to add Patient Risk Score in a patient’s chart here:

https://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/1173739-how-do-i-document-patient-risk-score

• Streamline filing of Support Tickets

Can support tickets automatically fill in my practice name, status of use, email, phone number? Support should know who I am from the login.

5 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
                      • Have the patient messaging screen show date of birth

If we go to send a message to a patient and we have more than one patient with the same name with active patient fusion accounts there is no way to figure out which name to select to send the message. DOB should be included in the list of names. The same is true when we receive a message from a patient. We cannot always know which patients chart it belongs to. Meaningful use requires us to utilize this system for a % of our patients

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Admin →
                        • "Go To" Functionality Enhancements

Hi. I would like to suggest some ways to make the "go to" functionality more useful.

1) When we use the "go to" function, we most likely are wanting to actually use/open that section, so I would suggest that it actually bring us to that section AND open up that section for us to use it. Seems odd to navigate just to see the section when I can just as easily scroll there if I want to just look at it. This would be especially true when using the billing section - why else would I navigate to the billing…

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)