Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Make Superbills available for patient viewing/printing via Patient Fusion

At this time of year, many patients request reprints of their receipts/superbills for tax purposes, rebates, HSA/Flex reimbursements. It would be great if we could direct patient to the Patient Fusion patient portal to view/print this themselves. It would also help our MU numbers for patient portal usage percentages.

68 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Carol Nason shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ms Diane Bruessow commented  · 

Definitely make this available through the patient portal! one less thing for me to have to print out for patients.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be a big help to be able to save a superbill in PDF form.

• Joya Van Der Laan commented  · 

please, please, please make the superbills available on the portal to patients, or at the very least, allow me to email to the patient from my side so I don't have to print. I also cannot download and send because who the heck knows how to open and view an .hl7 file?

• Dr Hutto commented  · 

Having super bills available for patient viewing/printing via Patient Fusion would be hugely helpful to my practice! I also agree that a "patient copy" removing the description from the CPT codes would be enormously helpful.

• Gerald Zelikovsky, MD commented  · 

It would be nice to send a receipt or bill to a patient directly or print it if a patient is in. HOWEVER, is there any way to remove the description of the CPT codes for a patient's copy? I think it's great for office purposes, but it is baffling how I only bill for 2 codes and the format PF uses causes me to print 2 pages for what would normally be a 1-page bill. The CPT descriptions and repetitive provider details (for a solo practitioner; my credentials are mentioned x4 in this thing) occupy so much page space. I'm embarrassed to give these to my patient's. They are so accustomed receiving 1-page bills from me. A "patient's copy" would be ideal.

• Dr Aaron Bera commented  · 

With the patient's access to Practice Fusion (PF), allow them to print out their own super bill or have an option to email the super bill once it is completed in PF.

• Kory commented  · 

Create a superbill and have it accessible and downloadable via the patient portal.

Feedback and Knowledge Base