Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our <a href="http://www.practicefusion.com/help/">Help Center</a>.

Expand Referral Attachment Size beyond 500 KB

We would like to be able to add attachments to referrals larger than 500KB. Most of our medical documents exceed that.

61 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mrs LEMMIE REISSMrs LEMMIE REISS shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Partially Resolved  ·  AlizaAdminAliza (Admin, Practice Fusion) responded  · 

Hello everyone – we are excited to announce that as of 7/27/17 we have removed the file size restriction for attachments on electronic referrals. Electronic referrals consist of referrals sent through the Practice Fusion network (i.e. to another verified Practice Fusion provider) or via Direct Message (i.e. if the recipient uses a different EHR system).

Please note that attachments for faxed referrals must still be 500KB or less, so if you are sending an electronic referral and wish to exceed that file size limit, make sure you un-check the “Send by Fax” box prior to sending.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnykaAnyka commented  · 

I agree with this, OR if you have already faxed ONE referral with an attached document but it is still in process you can not send one from another patient because it exceeds the size. Very frustrating and a waste of time to then fax it a different way

• Dr GILBERTO CONCEPCIONDr GILBERTO CONCEPCION commented  · 

The expanded referral or document SIZE will be a great help to the all offices in the country using PRACTICE FUSION, a little frustrating example is that we CAN NOT fax an EKG. The ekg is a simple page, JUST ONE PAGE which can not be faxing to anywhere and most of the time is done in the primary doctor offices, so when the patient is referred to cardiology or scheduled in the hospital for a procedure we must to print the EKG which is already scanned and transferred to the patient chart to fax it to another facility or hospital!!!! PLEASE !!! This is a very important FEATURE to be fixed.

• Dr Eric LederDr Eric Leder commented  · 

I have found that Electronic Referral Summaries often exceed the 500kb limit.
        This makes MFU-5 compliant electronic referrals difficult and requiring extra steps and redoing the Electronic Referral Summary until the size is less than 500 kb. The Referral Summary creation process should also indicate when the Referral Summary exceeds the attachment limit.

• Anonymous commented  · 

500 Kb is very limiting in being able to add attachments to a referral. A single page with limited information took up 674 Kb.

• Mrs Theresa ParmerMrs Theresa Parmer commented  · 

increase size limitations for sending out test results via fax

• Dr. AdlerDr. Adler commented  · 

The 500 KB restriction severely limits the utility of the referral - and for expanded use of the "referral," such as complying with record requests.

• Michael SheffrinMichael Sheffrin commented  · 

We need to send medical records daily to payers that may include scanned intake or scanned labs where one page exceeds the limit!!
        5MB + is needed!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Still need help?

Create a help ticket