Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Timeline Tab Enhancements

I would be great to have a place where everything was in chronological order. This is really important to see everything that has happened for a patient. Now I have to open a labs tab, a document tab, and look at the summary page to see what has happened.

67 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Starla shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Great suggestion. We are also considering other more advanced filtering ability for the Patient Timeline.

Please add your voice to the conversation by commenting below or by voting for this feature so we know it is important to you. By voting or commenting here, you’ll also receive email updates when we begin working on the feature and when we release it.

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

I would like for you to be able to add to a document that is already in the chart. My home health correspondence can get pretty big for a month. I would like to be able to add them to one spot for the month.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I like the idea of two screens

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with the request for an "All" option, but also the ability to select multiple categories. I need to see Encounters and Lab results together in chronological order. How about being able to select multiple categories by holding "CTRL" while selecting?

• Dr William "Al" Sayles commented  · 

I want to see encounters and signed documents at same time! I don't need the lab results, since I can easily get to that from the visit screen!

• Lauren Plawner commented  · 

Yes, I am constantly toggling back and forth between my last clinic note and the summary page which has all the phone contact and email contact between visits. Confusing, and in the process I miss details.

• Crystal commented  · 

On the Timeline page of a patients chart can we add Telephone Encounter as a filter option under the drop down of Encounters? This would be a very useful filter for our office staff.

• Dr ebrahim ahmadi commented  · 

Can you please add more color in time line. It is hard to see which enconter is done and signed. The sign ed indicator is too dim to be seen.
    Can you please update time line as the work is done and not to do refresh with each change. Refresh is time consuming and confusing. It not needed.
    Thanks

• Dr Rahul Gor commented  · 

Can we have the option to show everything in the timeline. So In one view I can look at the chronological order of all items at once instead of trying to go to each section and trying to figure out what document or results was scanned around a visit.

• Seth McLaughlin commented  · 

I want to see ALL when I go to a timeline instead of selecting each category and I would love it to have it default to ALL.

• Mrs Sabianne Jones commented  · 

I think that Phone messages should be separated from the timeline . Maybe we can have a different tab to record phone message/conversations we have had with the patient.

• Dr George Marzouka commented  · 

When reviewing the timeline, the Drop down menu that defaults to Encounters should have an "All" option to see all clinical documents in the order they were added to the EMR. Alternatively or additionally, the wasted white space next to the drop down could be used to have separate tabs for labs, imaging, notes, etc to allow for quicker access of the medical record.

• Lauren Kropa, PA-C commented  · 

Under Timeline Can there be an "All" option so all of the option would come up at once in order?

• Dr Faiq Hasan commented  · 

It would be good if an "ALL" section added to timeline which would show all the entries for that patient in PF, in a chronological order.

• LKauffman commented  · 

Agree with the comments below.....A right panel that shows everything, ordered by date (most recent date on top)? A small panel on the left side would list out the different sections and clicking each section would filter what we want to see on the right side

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would love to see a small note field at the top of the summary tab. Kind of like a "reminder" area or important message area.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Also under Timeline under Details of the Encounters, I think it would be more helpful if diagnoses were displayed rather than the chief complaint. A lot of times a patient may just tell the MA that they are there for, say, a cough. However, by the time the patient sees me, they are also complaining about low back pain, blood in the *****, etc. At a future date, it would be helpful to go to the Timeline and quickly see when it was that I talked to the patient about his low back pain or hematuria if I ever have to refer back to that previous encounter.

• Anonymous commented  · 

How about have a right panel that shows everything, ordered by date (most recent date on top)? A small panel on the left side would list out the different sections and clicking each section would filter what we want to see on the right side?

Feedback and Knowledge Base