Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

I'd like for providers who don't eRx (e-prescribe) to have an Online Booking Page

I'd like Practice Fusion to verify providers who don't prescribe, so we can have Online Booking Pages.

29 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sergei Vladimir shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Hi everyone—I’m excited to announce that we have built a way for customers to verify their identity via credit card instead of requiring credit check for e-prescribers only. This will allow non-eprescribers to have online appointment booking pages.

As of 6/19/2015, we have rolled this out to all PF practices.

You can learn more about how this verification works here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/484517-how-do-i-get-a-patient-fusion-online-scheduling-pr

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr. G commented  · 

Awesome! Thanks for the update!

• Hi Tracy--we have to be very careful about who gets an online booking page so we maintain the integrity of our network of physicians. You don't want tattoo parlors posting online profiles for booking any more than we do.

We're rolling out a way to verify your identity independent of eRx rights within the next 4 weeks, so this will be resolved very soon!

• Dr. G commented  · 

Non e-prescribing providers are losing out on new patients every single day they don't offer online booking. Nobody wants to call on the phone to schedule an appointment anymore. They want to do it online from their phone. It's beyond time to put a specific date on this. My practice and my patients deserve the same benefits as the e-prescribers. Who can I call to verify my identity? Confirm the information with CAQH, send a code to the office phone, use my NPI or my Medicare ID. I understand why the verification is important, but I don't understand why there's no plan in place.

• Michael Chiglinsky commented  · 

Online booking would greatly benefit my practice as a Clinical Psychologist, but only due to the inability to prescribe am I blocked from a major component of PF. It limits my abilities to efficiently offer services to my patients or those seeking services. While I agree that verification of providers is critical, it seems that non-prescribers have had greater hurdles to overcome than those who are prescribers. License #s & NPI numbers are two co-existing ways to ensure verification. Health insurance companies verify providers, through credentialing, on a regular basis. It has been confusing as to the reasons for the delay in this verification process for providers already signed up through PF. I look forward to a solution in the near future.

• Cherrell commented  · 

I can't wait for this feature! This in addition to check boxes/drop down/radio buttons for chart notes - i will feel complete!

• Hi Erica--you're correct. But the issue is not verifying an NPI (which is, like you say, public information), it's verifying that you are who you say you are. So we're simply going to allow you to verify your identity without this also requiring you to be an eprescriber. Stay tuned--it's being worked on now!

• Dr Erica Vislobokova commented  · 

NPI would be a great way to verify a doctor's information. There are currently many website that provide such verification.

I am a chiropractor and I would love to use both of these features. Also, the state of Florida has a provider search page for all medical professionals. I would assume other states would use something similar. Thank you!

Feedback and Knowledge Base