Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Electronic Signatures on documents & labs

There needs to be a way for the documents we scan & upload into the patient's chart & for the lab results to show the statement: "This document was electronically signed by Dr. X". We recently had a chart review and were reprimanded because that statement was not on the document or the lab result.

83 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Linda shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

This is also a big issue in New York. It is required by all the insurance companies as well. Thank you

• Linda commented  · 

This is HUGE and is a legal requirement in Missouri. It's a big issue for us. Please fix this.

• Mrs Rebecca Francis commented  · 

I am in New York and this is a requirement. We just had a training from Healthcare Partners and manages the payment of about 5 insurance companies. I can provide you with a copy of the page from the training manual for your information. Please advise where I should upload this information. This is also a requirement for HealthFIrst insurance, Afffinity, UnitedHealth Care, Amerigroup.

• Sonia Dogra commented  · 

We are in Maryland I am not sure about the relevant legal information. However, it would be really helpful if the feature becomes available.

• Dr Marc Tanenbaum commented  · 

This may be a state by state feature, but it is sound medical-legal necessity indicating that the document was reviewed by a physician. One can always review the paper document, initial it, then upload it, but if staff are uploading the document prior to MD review, then messaging the doc to review, adding this electronic statement would go along way to make patient care safer and protect the practice medical legally.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I live in Florida and it supposed to say Electronically signed

• martish commented  · 

In Texas some of the insurance providers request that it indicates the documents are e-signed. Mostly Medicaid relAted insurance providers.

• Amanda commented  · 

This is an issue for our center as well. Our doctors read images and reports out-of-office, and we need to be able to have their e-signature appear on the documents. We currently use a secondary program for this, but would like to use PF exclusively.

• Linda commented  · 

Our state is Georgia, but, I don't know have any legal information regarding the rule though.

Feedback and Knowledge Base