Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our <a href="http://www.practicefusion.com/help/">Help Center</a>.

Delegating e-prescribing ability to practice staff

Staff, other than prescribers (i.e. MAs and nurses) need to be able to send e-prescriptions in the physician's name.

1,463 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

103 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Edward Taubman commented  · 

as currently implemented this is NOT working for us when it comes to requests from pharmacies for refills. All our RN or MA can do is assign the request to the correct patient; they CANNOT tentatively approve or deny the request as on behalf for our provider approval. On the other hand as I understand the new feature the RN or MA CAN produce a tentative new Rx on behalf of us providers.

Our workflow is for the RN or MA (who likely know as much or more than we do about patients prescription refill histories) to do the time consuming legwork of reviewing the patient's record, getting it ready for approval with all the clicks and entries that are required, and then if they have any questions checking with us the provider. THe present implementation for that just helps with only one small piece of that to assign the request to the correct patient and leaves all the rest to the busy provider; this invites the practice that PF is trying to avoid of having the nurse or MA signing in as the provider so that the prescriptions are refilled in a timely fashion

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please add this feature as soon as possible

• nikki commented  · 

Yes please allow delegation of eRx!

• Dr John Rivera commented  · 

CRITICAL to have fixed! Whenever I go on vacation or am out away from the office, my APRN struggles mightily to have prescriptions refilled. Please find a solution to this problem soon.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is helpful for the provider to be able to continue care for the patient and allow the nurse to refill through e prescribe.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This severe limitation has significant negative impacts on clinic flow, and therefore, patient care. Please create a delegate/designee option to allow clinic RNs to e-refill medications.
        All other clinic charting systems have this feature. Currently, RNs are now forced to verbally call-in prescriptions to pharmacies. He/she may be on hold anywhere from 5-30 minutes per phone call. I strongly encourage Practice Fusion to fix this issue asap. I am baffled why this hasn't been done already.

• Ms Rosa Trevino commented  · 

I CAN'T BELIEVE this system does not ALLOW our certified Medical Assistants to REFILL patients prescriptions immediately! Our Endocrine patients depend on us to FILL these immediately for them for they are in NEED of DAILY MEDICATION for survival. Please vote to get this BALL rolling on Medical Offices staff to get these DONE.ASAP!

• Anonymous commented  · 

If MDs have to do refills themselves, they will lose meaningful face to face patient time. This is extremely inefficient and negates usefulness of e-Rx.

• Cheryl Vergot commented  · 

If staff could be able to add a pharmacy name prior the doctor writing the script would be a big help when a patient changes a pharmacy or for a new patient.

• Julia Warren-Ulanch commented  · 

Please, please, please. This would off-load so many tasks. It really is a shame this is not YET available in PF, when so many other vendors provide this.

• Neill Herring commented  · 

This is an essential part of being able to use an EHR efficiently. Please add the ability for Nurses, MA's, etc. to prescribe and refill under MD's name ASAP. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree it would cut down on bothering the physician and cut down on the call volume tremendously. This is something that really needs serious consideration to be added to Practice Fusion.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please create the abiltiy for Nurse, MAs, to prescribe and refill under MD's name. Many other EMRs have that capability..

• Anonymous commented  · 

The ability for LPN's or MA to escribe for the provider would be wonderful. As it would make the work flow so much better for everyone.

• Mrs michelle lowe commented  · 

Staff not being able to send e-scripts on behalf of physician, or even set up or change their preferred pharmacy is really taking a step backward as far as an EHR is concerned. If a patient calls and wants to change their pharmacy, I have to ask the doctor to take time out from seeing patient to do this- PLEASE make these changes ASAP!

• Dr Matt Davis commented  · 

This is ridiculously important. I cannot understand why it has not yet been addressed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base