Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Delegating e-prescribing ability to practice staff

Staff, other than prescribers (i.e. MAs and nurses) need to be able to send e-prescriptions in the physician's name.

1,546 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

104 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mrs RANNADE PATEL commented  · 

Dr, has enough thing to do. It would be nice to have nurse to have a access to refill meds.

• Anonymous commented  · 

My nurse needs to be able to send a refill current meds for me.

• Deb Martin commented  · 

We can't wait for this feature. I hope this means that we will be able to change the Dr on the incoming e-refills.

• joan stewart commented  · 

I would also like to be able to put in pharmacy and see the pharmacy recorded, also would like to see reason Dr denied an rx when patients call without having to ask the Dr

• Anonymous commented  · 

We need to allow NP 's to do refills.

• Googleboy commented  · 

I work in front desk and sometimes call me for refills and i need send a note or message to the MA or Doctors then do it, i need quickly bottom or opinion to do it. Please

• Mrs Dannielle S commented  · 

It would be helpful; since most practices have more than one provider, to have the ability to change the prescribing practitioner on incoming refill requests. i.e., if a request comes in in Dr. A's name but the patient is Dr. B's patient, Dr. A. should not be forced to send the refill. We should have the ability to reassign the refill accordingly.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I was shocked this feature wasn't established already. I've never worked on an a system that didn't allow this. Doctors are to busy and it is essential to have nurses be able to escribe. It will help the practice flow greatly. It's the only thing I don't like about this system. Please ASAP!!

• Keely Godwin, MD commented  · 

I would actually like the ability to take care of (or at the very least deny and create a new Rx for) my colleagues' refill requests. We have 3 MDs in our office and we can't deny/refill each other's refill requests when they are on vacation or out of the office.

• Kim Key commented  · 

This is the only feature that we do not like about PF. My doctor does not have the time to do all the ERX.

• Dr Samuel Sharmat commented  · 

This is the only feature holding me back from using PF. Please implement soon and I'll jump over.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would make it so much easier as we at this time are affecting our meaningful use by not having this feature. we are calling in the
    Rx/

• Rebecca commented  · 

The sooner this option is available the better, My Dr does not like being bothered with the computer more than he has to.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would need non prescribers to "at least" be able to print prescriptions already prescribed by MD at different location / time from different terminal when Rx is ordered and or registered in a chart note by MD.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I do not see the relevance of this. Studies show error rates go up significantly in this situation.

• Ms Heidi Friedman commented  · 

In the meantime, can other staff at least have the ability to deny scripts when needed? This would be very helpful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base