Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Allow attachments to patients' messages

Patients are not able to send documents via the messaging system. This would be great if they can send old charts, results they have, etc.

277 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Philippe shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Aliza responded  · 

Hi everyone – As of 11/17/17, patients are able to attach files and hyperlinks to messages that they send to their provider from within the patient portal. When received in the EHR, these files and hyperlinks can be saved as documents to attach to the patient chart.

For more information on handling patient message attachments, please see our Knowledge Base article here:

https://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/483766-how-do-i-use-patient-messaging

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jessica Petryszyn commented  · 

Yes our patients would also like to be able to send and receive documents via attachment in messages, we get requests for that often.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be an excellent feature !! Many patients request their imaging studies to be sent electronically to them. If anyone has any suggestions kindly let me know.
        Thanks !

• Mrs Amaryah O'Neal commented  · 

Yes! I would love to be able to send and receive attachments via the messaging feature. PLEASE ADD ASAP!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed this would be an amazing feature!

• Ms Denise Bahadar commented  · 

I would like to be able to have electronically signed consent forms automatically emailed to my EHR. I have forms on my website that patients can sign and "submit" prior to the visit. I did a test form and the email came through great but the form was not attached. This would be great if the forms were attached and could be saved in the patient file.

• Ms Kristin Kali commented  · 

I spend hours every week digging through emailed attachments and uploading them manually to patient charts. If patients could directly message us in Patient Fusion with their PDF attachments, it would streamline our process to an incredible degree!

• Mrs Martha Nieto commented  · 

I can't send attachments to patients, It would be great if this could be added to our emails.

• Tricia E Sauer, RDN CDN commented  · 

Absolutely necessary to reduce paper and ink costs! I am an RD and sending educational materials electronically will save me a lot of overhead. Also, I would like the after visit summary to be available in the patient portal for patients to review, similar to EPIC system.

• Dr Gina Carlotti commented  · 

I would like to send patients PDFs, too! It would also be great to have a place in PF to store these documents (patient education materials, commonly used documents, etc) so that I wouldn't have to use more than 1 program...

• Emily commented  · 

I agree with this! I often have patients who want to send photos of a surgical site or have a question that requires a photo.... they wouldn't necessarily need a visit most of the time!

• Adam Law commented  · 

I would like to be able to send reports (pdfs) to patients

• Roxanne commented  · 

This would be very helpful, considering the only other electronic option is to send attachments through emails- which is not secure.

• Dr Rhonda Nelson commented  · 

YES!!!!
        There appears no way to send a patient email with an attachment.
        It would be an awesome feature to have.

• Dr Anthony Caruso commented  · 

Indeed, it would be awesome to be able to attach PDF documents to messages and to receive attachments from patients.

• Rachael commented  · 

Yes, please! I am frequently asked by patients if I can email various documents rather than snail mailing. This would save me so much time, paper and postage.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is critical to my practice! I am always attaching customized recommendations, educational handouts, receipts for insurance, etc.

I need this feature in PF and others must too!
        Thanks

• James M. Coticchia, MD commented  · 

Yes, it would be great to be able to send intake and registration forms to patients through email messages.

• Dr David Richards commented  · 

Patient's often ask for us to send their statements electronically. I would like to use practice fusion to do this but the messaging needs to be able to accept an attachment.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We too would like to be able to send handouts electronically instead of through the mail. Having this availability would be very beneficial.

• Dr Katherine Chou commented  · 

It would also be useful for emailing patients information handouts instead of printing them. This way, things like aftercare instruction will also be documented as sent to the patient in the chart.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base