Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Please make the patient's documents visible and accessible from the patient's summary page

269 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Deanne shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Hi Deanne—we’re looking for ways to provide this information in future iterations of the summary page. It’s already a bit cluttered at this point, so we want to do it in a clean manner that doesn’t create too much data density.

In the meantime, documents can be accessed from the patient’s timeline: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/483081-where-do-i-find-a-patient-s-chart-notes-e-scripts

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

need quicker access to patient's documents, please add direct tab in summary page

• Anonymous commented  · 

There should be an "uploaded documents" notification in the patients chart in the Summary section. If my staff uploads a document, I wouldn't know it's there (unless I look into the timeline and select documents, something that I normally wouldn't do).

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would be great to see the scanned/signed documents under the section where the other "typed in Practice Fusion" chart notes, etc. are.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be great to have a section listing all documents on the summary page as we often refer to docs. Currently we must go through the Timeline tab. After viewing a doc, it defaults away from the document page. It takes too much time if we want to compare/ view a few docs concurrently. Thank you for considering this

• Mrs Stacey Scott commented  · 

Another program that I used in the past included on the summary page, a list of everything that has been done to a patients chart sorted by date and time. For example, If I added a document it showed up on this list, If I added a new medication, it showed up, If i added a note, it showed up. Anything that was done with that account was in the main list of activity. At the top of the screen there was a search box that you entered in a code, or some of the text to be able to sort through it. For example, if I had added in a document, and put it under faxes received, It would display within this list on the summary page, and I could either scroll down through it, or at the top just do a search for a fax received. This worked great in being able to see at a glance what had recently occurred on the chart and if it was a little older we could simply do a search for it. The current process is way too time intensive. If I have a patient call and ask if they had a referral sent, and if their prescription was sent, I have to go to timeline, then referrals, then timeline again, and then go again to the eprescriptions list (If it was done electronically) . If a patient had other issues that the staff should know they have to look in an entirely different spot to see that information.

• Anonymous commented  · 

In the old EHR, if there were documents I immediately saw it with the patient's summary page open. Now, i have to look in the timeline, not knowing if there are any documents there to begin with.

• Glaucoma Doc commented  · 

YES. Fully agree with idea of having a separate (easily accessible) documents tab rather than have to find it through Timeline indirectly!!

Also, on a somewhat related note, I think it makes more sense to reorder the tabs so that Profile is just to the right of Summary. Timeline makes more sense to be to the right of Profile, since the open encounters are on the right. Nothing major, but seems more intuitive.

• Ariel commented  · 

In order to avoid cluttering Summary further, and for accessibility in general, I'd like to see documents and encounters displayed on the same list (sorted by date) both in Summary and in Timeline.

• Jessica commented  · 

The scanned documents are the most important part of a patient's chart. To have to access the chart, then the timeline, click on the document and download it is way too cumbersome. Our docs are very unhappy. If you can't make it available on the summary page, you could at least create a separate tab just for these records.

• Dr Amy Daniher commented  · 

i can't tell you how important I think this is. Mdouglass... yes it is in the timeline section but that means every time i want to look at results of labs, xrays, pathology, etc.. i have to go to timeline, then the pulldown menu and then click on the document.. then if i want to look at another document i have to do those same three steps again. what is even more concerning is that if i am trying to go back and forth between the objective section of the note... i have to click on the note, scroll down, click edit in the objective section and then do the additional three steps noted above... ... lots of what is important to me and what is crucial to the note is the objective data that is in the documents section... labs, xrays, path, discharge summaries, notes from consulting phsycians.. and this system in place now is very difficult to navigate. i loved it the old way.. where all that objective data was neatly displaced and so easy to access on the left side of the screen.

• Susan Canning commented  · 

This is extremely important-we need to see past pathology reports more easily from summary

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please fix this issue, it is very essential!

• Karen commented  · 

This is an essential part of our practice. We need to have this feature ASAP.

• Ellen Sauter commented  · 

Nevertheless - having this capability is very important for many of us. The current method is quite, quite cumbersome. Documents should be available just like chart notes in the patient's timeline/summary.

• Joomo commented  · 

Makes no sense to me why this feature wasn't added to the new EHR. Overall the new version is much more streamlined but the scanned documents need to be visible in the summary section.

• Kristi Mckenzie commented  · 

I really should be able to view documents from the patient summary. I need to open the patient's chart and immediately see that the patient had imaging and have the ability to review it. It would also be nice if you could attach it to the note/visit at which you ordered the imaging.

• Luz Gallardo commented  · 

I would also love to be able to see ALL the documents even if its from the the timeline tab, but for us, even though 50 docs seems like a lot it's really not enough for us and we waste a lot of time going to the documents to do an additional search.

Feedback and Knowledge Base