Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Check in Patients from the DAY schedule screen

It would be great to have the ability to check in a patient in the DAY screen of the schedule instead of having to go to the APPOINTMENT screen. We work out of the DAY view because it better illustrates the day with the color coded appointments.

714 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mrs Dora Cantu shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris H commented  · 

I am wondering if there is a way to visually see on the "Schedule" if a patient appointment was covered during the day, and not having to go to each patient's record and clicking on the SOAP note to see if the visit was covered. I am thinking about a check box (or something related) where at the end of each visit it could be marked and this way I can visually see it on the "Schedule page" that it has been done.
        Why you may ask... sometimes the SOAP note is opened before hand to earn some time and if the patient wasn't evaluated because he/she never came in for the appointment I have to manually verify in each record if the visit was done, if not delete that SOAP note.

• Ms Terry Egan commented  · 

It would be great to change appointment status from ANY view. Not being able to do so is cumbersome and time consuming, no matter which view a practice uses.

• Marco commented  · 

It would be great idea if from the "Summary tab" on the patient profile I can click on a link to make an appointment to insert in the schedule. Currently I do a mental algorithm and remember the Date of birth of the patient, click on schedule link on the left hand panel, click on week tab and then click on the cell which time-slot corresponds to the place where I want to make the appointment. Then I remember the Date-of-Birth of the patient I memorized in my mental algorithm and finally complete the task.

Totally un-necessary when a link inserted in the summary tab of every patients chart can resolve this

• Ms Elisa Jannetty commented  · 

In our office we mostly use the weekly view, it'd be great if patients could be "checked in" from the day screen and weekly screen as well! It would certainly make things run more efficiently.

• DG commented  · 

GREAT IDEA

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is a necessity for office flow. It is too cumbersome to check patient in from the appointments tab when you have so many patients to sort through

• Anonymous commented  · 

being able to hit cancel or no show in the actual scheduling window and give a reason.
        The only option we have now is to delete it or else we have to leave the scheduling week or day and go to the appointment tabs to cancel or no show in order to have record of them canceling and the reason.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed. We have 8+ providers and it's much easier to use the day view. Also, it will only allow me to view up to 6 schedules at one time on the day view. This needs to be increased.

• Mrs Pam Zaft commented  · 

Because our office has 12 different provider, each a different facility with different schedule ability, the DAY tab is pointless for our practice. Schedules flip between Weekly tab for appointment creation, and Appointment tab for status changes.
        I would love to see the ability to cancel appointments from the weekly tab, not just delete, as we like to keep a record of cancelled appointments.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be very helpful. Operating out of the day schedule would be complete with this feature added

• Mrs Stacey Scott commented  · 

Agree that checking in from day view would be better as well as cancellations or no shows. I'd rather the day view had the functionality and just remove the appointment view altogether. The appointment view always seems longer to load. And Dora, not sure if it is a new thing in the EHR but you said you wanted to be able to access the patient chart from the Day view, and I can access it by double clicking on the appointment and it pops up under the patients name.

• Mrs Dora Cantu commented  · 

It would also be helpful if you could access the chart from the DAY screen as well, so you can enter demographic information, instead of having to go to the APPOINTMENT screen to do that. So the ability to check in and go to the patient chart from the DAY screen would be so beneficial.

Feedback and Knowledge Base