Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Alerts regarding patient on scheduler or intake

have a field that office can input patient specific alerts pertaining to Billing (like balance due or account in collections) or Appointment Scheduling (like patient discharged, do not schedule) etc.
This would be incredibly helpful to scheduling staff to have alert box pop up that indicates this type of information. This way, staff can address when client is on the phone setting up an appointment.
Thank you

2,257 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mrs Pam Zaft shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

You asked and we listened: Use Pinned notes to manage non-clinical reminders
Practice Fusion continues to take major steps toward updating your EHR with even more features and enhanced workflows. With Practice Fusion’s Pinned Note feature, we have made it easier for practice staff to quickly view pertinent custom details about patients before they are scheduled, before check in, or during a patient visit. A Pinned Note is the ideal place to record non-clinical information specific to an individual patient, where you can have important information readily available. Thanks you to everyone who voted and helped make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. https://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/1845769

275 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, no need for any special templates. Just add a feature that allows us to free text whatever we like. How the alert pops up can either be a pop-up box when the patient's chart is accessed or maybe a section somewhere in their chart that is highlighted yellow (that we can close if we choose).

• Marcia commented  · 

I agree with the other posters on this. We need a free text box that will allow us to type in whatever alert we need for the patient account. It would seem that a pop up text alert box would be better than templates made by PF as each user/office has different needs.

• Mrs Carla Farrell commented  · 

I would love to see this as maybe a colored pop up window that opens when the patient's chart is accessed. Just a free text box that information can be added to for clinical or billing purposes. It would be great to add a note regarding the patient's balance or allergies or even a preferred name. Something that isn't actually part of the official chart.

• Alan Levinstone MD commented  · 

There are two issues to consider. You needs some user fields (at least 2 text fields) in Profile that the user can filer in a report.

PF could use an Alert mechanism where you can specify an alert to pop up on Chart lookup, overdue for screenings based on MU, collection account status for examples

• ariel commented  · 

I'd like a free-text pop up alert that can be applied to scheduler, clinical portion of chart, or both. Or if that's complicated to program, one that automatically applies to both the scheduler and the clinical portion of the chart. I'd use this for all kinds of info e.g. "is offended by the question 'how are you doing?'" (I have such a patient!) or "dad wants to be informed of all appts mom schedules" etc.

• Dr Derek Smith commented  · 

I agree that this is a very important and needed addition. I just want to emphasize what has been stated by other posters, that this is needed for patient's chart for important medical information that can be accessed quickly such as allergic to ....., or has pacemaker-no E-stim. These are important for patient health and safety and is the major thing lacking in the software in my opinion. Even our billing software has this simple capability of allowing a pop up when accessing a patient's chart which is very beneficial. This has been stated before by other users. Please make this a priority.

"I think alerts should manifest as a pop up window when pulling up the pt chart. A button to turn off alerts for that particular pt would also be useful if charts are being opened or closed all the time.
    You could have global office alerts that the office admin/physician can set for all the practice, or pt specific alerts that pop up when you open a particular pt chart.
    There would be no need to regulate the type of alerts i.e
    Alert: Pt hates being called by his last name
    Alert: White coat syndrome, bp will be falsely elevated!
    Alert: Allergies to latex! etc."

Thanks.

• crystal commented  · 

I would like an alert of a copay is due once checked in

• Anonymous commented  · 

An alert would be wonderful for billing, patients who have consistently missed appointments or any issue that should be flagged.

• Ms Kathleen Mancini commented  · 

Alerts or flags would be very helpful with relation to billing and clinical requests. It would also be great if there was a time option for the alert..ie:a week before an appt would get a message or alert that something is needed or to be checked before the scheduled appt time

• Mrs BreAnna Talley commented  · 

a pop up alert showing the appt time and provider that this patient is already scheduled with - with an option to continue and keep the other appointment, or continue and cancel the other appointment

• Rgor commented  · 

I think alerts should manifest as a pop up window when pulling up the pt chart. A button to turn off alerts for that particular pt would also be useful if charts are being opened or closed all the time.
    You could have global office alerts that the office admin/physician can set for all the practice, or pt specific alerts that pop up when you open a particular pt chart.
    There would be no need to regulate the type of alerts i.e
    Alert: Pt hates being called by his last name
    Alert: White coat syndrome, bp will be falsely elevated!
    Alert: Allergies to latex! etc.

• Mrs Dora Cantu commented  · 

This would be a great feature!!! Please consider.

• Anne commented  · 

Our previous practice management program allowed alerts such as "Spanish speaking," "Fired by doctor" etc. It is so helpful to all staff members and prevents scheduling problems. These alerts are so helpful to keep the flow on track.

Alerts as to when the patient's next pap needs to be scheduled, when they are to return for labs and med checks, etc. could really help with some of the follow-up to provide the best patient care.

• Mrs Pam Zaft commented  · 

Ideally, alert information would pop up when patient name is selected in the new appt. window.
    schedulers don't access the chart in the current workflow. If they do so, new appt information does not save. (ie, new appt window open, patient name selected, click chart hyperlink in window to navigate to patient profile and note field on that page, return to scheduler but that started appt info disappears and must be recreated.)
    I think Scheduler and Billing alerts should be handled separately from Chart Alerts. perhaps alerts can be assigned a class/category: Scheduler ; Billing ; Chart ; All

Thanks!

1 2 10 11 12 14 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base