Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Compact Schedule Printing

The new update has changed the schedule view to be much longer, wasting lots of space and making it hard to see the entire schedule. The printed schedule is now 3 pages long as well, which wastes space and paper. We utilize the printed schedule everyday, and the small compacted 1 page schedule was what we worked with.

513 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Julie shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr Denise Michele D.C. commented  · 

Need a one page schedule, and the the concept of defaulting from 8-5 on the screen is excellent. Although this scheduler has many fine new features, it is hard to read and hard to use. You cannot see enough of the day to cluster book patients without scrolling which takes too much time.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Stongly agree; needs to be smaller to print.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I think it should default to practice opening times ie from 8 to 5 pm but with option to scroll up and down. Currently when we open schedule it is not on first appointment it may at 7 pm or 2 am so have to scroll.

• Sarah commented  · 

Please change to the old printing format as it was much easier to read and print. Agree with wasting ink and paer.

• Michele commented  · 

I agree. This is much harder to read and uses a lot of paper. I prefer the old compact print out also.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes it is very wasteful and it shows a column for status but the status does not show on the printed daily schedule and the "no shows" and "cancellations" look as though they were seen on the printout. This used to print in the old compact version. We report number of patient's seen so it would be nice if this could be added back to the printed schedule.

• Gloria commented  · 

In agreement with comments. This new schedule is not conducive to conserving paper or ink. The doctor wants to see his daily schedule on one page, not a novella. Please fix this non-user friendly schedule to fit one one page.

• anonymous commented  · 

In my office, we were able to get a busy schedule printed from PracticeFusion on 2 pages, now with the larger fonts and spacing, the schedule requires over 4 pages. We would like that changed to something smaller as the old scheduling fonts and spacing.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like the old print out for the daily schedule. This is a waste of paper and time for our single doctor office. This update is not ideal for our office, takes longer for everything! Please correct.

• Leona Steel commented  · 

I would enjoy a more compacted schedule for printout, including the ability to customize which columns show up in the schedule. We only have one physician, and since we are only printing out the schedule for a single day, it seems pointless to have a column for the DAY, and (for us) a column for the physician. We do want to show the Time, PT name, DOB, phone, and the CC/comment section of the appointment.

And, NOT print up cancelled appointments (or have them show up on the schedule - unless we select the option to "show completed").

• Joe commented  · 

I agree! Our office loved having the patients phone number and reason for appt all on one page. Can we go back to that? Also, the weekly view is so huge that you can't see the patients name in the appointment block.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. The new schedule needs an options for a compact view like the old schedule which would let us fit the entire day on 1 page.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The new update has changed the schedule view to be much longer, wasting lots of space and making it hard to see the entire schedule. The printed schedule is now 3 pages long as well, which wastes space and paper. We utilize the printed schedule everyday, and the small compacted 1 page schedule was what we worked with.

• kps commented  · 

OMG! I schedule weeks at a time. I need to be able to print an entire week! Help!!

I think introducing a part at a time would have been more helpful and less stress to the staff!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes we do need this my schedule is 4 to 6 pages long 1 pages is a lot better

• Jim Clous commented  · 

Yes...I use the 1 sheet daily schedule as a work sheet throughout the day. If I have to use 3 sheets it will drive me crazy!!!

• Matthew Zimny commented  · 

Also, please make the settings changes permanent so that we don't have to change how the schedule looks each time we log in.

• Anonymous commented  · 

So right. Wastes time, paper and material. Please look into!

Feedback and Knowledge Base