Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Tasks with patient names and due dates

Tasks reminders. Example: on x/x/15 the results of a patient's test should be in. Or: on x/x/16 I must send an order for a routine test to a patient, to have the results on the day of his appointment. To be able to organize it by due date, but at the same time, if I look in the patient's chart, I can see the note

45 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Malena shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

We are excited to announce that Date-based and Patient-based Custom Reminder Tasks are now available for all practices that are using the New EHR! This is just one of many features we’re able to add faster and with higher quality than we could on our old EHR.

You can learn more about this feature here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/517359-how-do-i-create-custom-reminder-tasks

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

any progress on this yet?

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is so important to have! Would be nice to be able to create such a task linked to a specific patient, assign it to a specific person (MA, provider, etc), and to have it appear at a future date that we specify. Some examples of what my office uses this feature for include:

1) Patient needs a 6-month follow-up CT chest to re-evaluate lung nodule seen on previous CT.
    2) Patient wants lab slip mailed to him before next f/u appt in 9/2015.
    3) Patient is due for physical exam. Last PE was on 3/10/14.

• ariel commented  · 

I'd enter a lot of things like "Order labs Aug 15." "Check AIMS on next visit after 7/5/15." "Overdue for f/u, mark as discharged patient if no contact by 4/28/15."

I'd prefer these were not a permanent part of the patient record, or if there were an option to include or not include them like we have with messages.

• AdminKaren (Admin, Practice Fusion) commented  · 

This is something that we are exploring for tasks.

Can you give me some more examples of types of tasks or notes that you would create or expect to see on the chart?

Feedback and Knowledge Base