Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Display patient list

The old version of PF had the ability to list all patients in the practice. This is useful for a number of common activities, as is the ability to sort by various parameters, e.g. last name. Please add this back

102 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Barry Press shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Update: We’ve made additional enhancements to the Recent patient list.

Beginning 4/24/2015, the patient list in the new EHR will automatically show up to 1,000 patients, sorted by most recently accessed.

You can read more about this here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/483079-how-do-i-search-for-patients-in-the-ehr

We will also be taking an entire re-look at this feature later this year, to make sure you can find your patients when you need to access them.

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • William Gilmer commented  · 

display patient lists by alpha, appointment time, or arrival time - make the display customizable. I personally need alphabetical. Others may prefer appointment time or other. Make it flexible.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please give us the option of listing patients alphabetically. This would save enormous amounts of time.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Can the patients in schedule be seen by arrival time not by appointment time?

• Candace McNaughton commented  · 

Recent patients seems to have a delay of 12-24 hours before it actually shows the most recently accessed patients. That is, the top of my Recent patient list is always charts I've opened 12-24 hours ago. Sometimes it's longer.

• Hermina waters commented  · 

I don't want to see there recently accessed chart. I want to know the total number of active patients

• Dr Marc Tanenbaum commented  · 

When you review this feature, it is important to be able to list patients by diagnoses, age range, and when last seen by type of visit (e.g. last well visit, not just last SOAP visit). I would like to be able to ask the EHR to list all my patients with ADHD who have not been seen in last 4 or 6 months, and all my patients on a certain medication. The greater the flexibility in choosing variables for inclusion and exclusion, the better. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We also utilized this in the old version because it allowed us to be able to see clients who may have not been accessed in a while. If they didn't have a date behind them, that meant they hadn't been accessed in a while & we could look to find out why not & what needed to be done. Now we can't see all of them. (Only lists 1000(?) clients & we have more than that & there are no reports that we could run to assist with this.)

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like to see all patients listed alphabeticallyby last name and all at once. This is very important if you are searching for a patient and may have an incorrect spelling or date of birth. I think the option to filter the listing based on last appointment would be helpful.

• Zeba commented  · 

I will like to see all patients list alphabetically

• Michelle Hughes commented  · 

We are an outpatient opiate addiction treatment center. Per DEA regulations, each physician can only see 100 patients in a 30 day period. We need to be able to keep track of our patient counts, per physician, and be able to access the list at any given time in case of a DEA audit. Right now, we are manually keeping track of patient counts daily, which is time consuming. We would like to have this feature added to reports. Thanks!

• Kim commented  · 

Alphabetical of all patients. OUr practice ahs a number of patients that only come in every few months, and right now it is a hassle to search them out.

• Barbara Skehan commented  · 

I would like an alphabetical list of patients all at once.

• Dr Susan Scharf commented  · 

I would want to see all patients at once and have them ordered alphabetically. Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  · 

please, bring back the old feature, in which i can access to all the list of my patients.

• Connie Hudosn commented  · 

Before, I could enter "Smith" and all the patient-Smiths would show up. Now I type in a patient's full name and it does not show up. "Not a patient." Try nicknames. Nada.

Before, if need be, I could scan the phone numbers to recognize a number. Then tie it to a name. A true time saver.

• Lazaro Zayas commented  · 

Ordered alphabetically by last name

• Mariam Salahou commented  · 

I will like to see all patients list alphabetically or see 100 patients at a time with the ability of seeing the next 100 and so on

• William Gilmer commented  · 

a sortable report that includes all patients, sortable by alpha last name or first name or date last seen or other parameters is helpful.
    Don't remove the "Recently accessed" and "Scheduled" lists currently in place for use in chart note!! I use the recently accessed to find the chart of a med refill I just had to deny and write a new one because I changed instructions or because it is a 'ccontrolled drug 'iI cannot eRX. The reports being requested in this string are for a different. Put the patient list report under reports separately please

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like patient list in alphabetically order

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base