Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Reorder or hide diagnosis encounter comments

The encounter comments under ASSESSMENT are showing OLDEST comment first. The chart prints this and it looks like what happened in the progress note today is what happened years ago. For example, my nurse gave a Zostavax yesterday because under V70.0, physical exam, the comment was Zostavax. But the comment was from 2012. The hidden comment from yesterday was "Prevnar."

31 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Geoff shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mr Peter Ehlers commented  · 

Currently all previous comments for a diagnosis print out on a hard copy of the chart note. This is unnecessary as it makes it very difficult to read clearly, and uses a huge amount of space for long-term patients. Additionally, there is no need to print who originally wrote the comment as this adds unnecessary additional characters for each diagnosis comment. The old EHR Diagnosis section only printed the current comments, as any other EHR would do; I've never worked with another EHR that printed every previous comment.

• Lisa Burns commented  · 

It would be nice to have the ability to restrict comments that print in the diagnosis section to the current encounter. As it is now all previous encounter comments print making the notes very long when you have pts. with many visits/chronic conditions. (I have some diag. comments printing from a few years ago...irrelevant to see these most of time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base