Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Automated phone and text message appointment reminders

It would be nice for the patient to receive a call or text for appointment reminders. It would make it easier on office staff who are too busy in a day to do appointment reminders. It also would eliminate a lot of no show appointments.

2,580 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Tuan Ta shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

268 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Soni Fox commented  · 

PF needs to catch up with other EMR systems. I was amazed that PF didn't initially offer this feature. We have to use another company to send out voice reminders. It is a pain to transfer information from one system to another.

• Teekam Lohano commented  · 

This would be great 👍 for our patients and staff. Please let us know when this will be effective.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We all need to be able to send secure messages to the entire practice as a bulk mailing.

• KENDRA commented  · 

THIS WOULD CLEAR UP AN EXTRA HOUR OF MY DAY, AND I CAN WORRY ABOUT MORE IMPORTANT THINGS.

• Khaled Saleh commented  · 

This idea was proposed in 2015. What is the progress on it? It would be extremely helpful to our practice to have text message reminders. Please make this possible ASAP

• 11s commented  · 

when are they gonna update this the most important and amazing system here.. please hurry up.

• Wendy Wiggs commented  · 

We need to stay current practices that send text reminders instead of email. Seems like it should be easy to do since we have the information.

• Ms Rosa Trevino commented  · 

COME ON MATTHEW, this would set PRACTICE FUSION above the rest of all the EMR'S out there!! Make it easier for the user and practice with this added system it would be off the chain! We could actually get other things done in the office.

• Mr Angel Escalera commented  · 

TEXT REMINDERS FOR VARIOUS CELL PHONES (PATIENT, FAMILY, TUTORS)...... GREAT FEATURE!!!! should include, THE DAY THE APPOINTMENT IS MADE, a reminder a week before, the day before and the morning of the appointment.

PLEASE ADVISE WHEN THIS IS GOING TO BE AVAILABLE.

THANKS!!!!

• Gail Fernandez commented  · 

It seems obvious to add text reminders! Get it done Practice Fusion!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

text reminders is an excellent idea

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am a patient of another practice that utilizes a text appointment reminder system and I LOVE IT!!!!
    I WANT it for my practice!!

It includes the capability for the patient to, "press C to confirm your appointment"

I would hate to see Practice Fusion fall farther behind because it doesn't offer this feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

What is the roll out date for this service? Email reminders are not effective, and patients do not check their voicemail when we make the calls ourselves. Text reminders are the most effective way to reach patients. Please provide info as to when this will be available. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Update on this feature?

• Mary Tadros commented  · 

Extremely important. some physicians are considering leaving practice fusion just for missing this feature... Kindly give us updates.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes. Text messages are so effective for all patients who have cell phones. Even more critical is the ability to respond to the text to confirm the appointment. This would be so easy for the developers to do. I don't understand why it's not done already. Furthermore, more people check their phone as opposed to email. Text is much more effective. Why choose a lesser used form of communication like email????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Ms Emily Bell commented  · 

Yes, text reminders for appointments would be amazing. People don't always get voicemails or emails, but they are more likely to see a text reminder and patients have repeatedly voiced to me that texts would be their preference for appointment reminders.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base