Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Automated phone and text message appointment reminders

It would be nice for the patient to receive a call or text for appointment reminders. It would make it easier on office staff who are too busy in a day to do appointment reminders. It also would eliminate a lot of no show appointments.

2,580 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Tuan Ta shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

268 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sedi Hadadian commented  · 

how can a patient receive an appointment reminder by text message ???

• Kasim Ortiz commented  · 

Moreover, for those of us with patient populations that do not have readily available access to electronic communications via email, having an option for reminders to be sent via automated call, voicemail or SMS text messaging would be phenomenal. We are spending quite a bit of time (staff) doing reminders.

• ariel commented  · 

I'd like reminder calls or text messages with an automated message with the appointment time

• Jeff Miller commented  · 

It would be great if practice fusion could send an e-mail notification to me when a patient has sent me a secure message within practice fusion. The e-mail notification would NOT contain any PHI; it would just be a generic e-mail notification that a message had been sent to me, with a link to log onto practice fusion to retrieve the message. This would be extremely helpful for practitioners with part-time practices, who are not constantly logged onto Practice Fusion. It would improve the functionality of secure messaging massively, by allowing practioners to know that messages had been sent to them in real time. Please consider adding this (relatively easy) functionality. My understanding is that it already exists on the patient side, i.e. patients receive e-mail notifications when doctors message them through practice fusion. You could just add the same functionality on the provider side. Thanks!!!! Jeff Miller

• Jeff Miller commented  · 

It would be great if practice fusion could send an e-mail notification to me when a patient has sent me a secure message within practice fusion. The e-mail notification would NOT contain any PHI; it would just be a generic e-mail notification that a message had been sent to me, with a link to log onto practice fusion to retrieve the message. This would be extremely helpful for practitioners with part-time practices, who are not constantly logged onto Practice Fusion. It would improve the functionality of secure messaging massively, by allowing practioners to know that messages had been sent to them in real time. Please consider adding this (relatively easy) functionality. My understanding is that it already exists on the patient side, i.e. patients receive e-mail notifications when doctors message them through practice fusion. You could just add the same functionality on the provider side. Thanks!!!! Jeff Miller

• Julianne commented  · 

There are boxes to check in the profile section to say the patient has given permission to sent sms/text messages, emails, or voice notifications. Does the patient still need to go online to "opt-in"? Many of our patients use cell phones but don't own computers. We also do not offer online patient access or appointments.

Our office provides the option to fill out these boxes on our "New Patient" info sheet the first time they come to our office. I do know that the email reminders are getting out and the patients appreciate the reminder. They also state that text messages would be welcome also. Thank you for offering appointment reminders.

• Charlie Lowe commented  · 

Not all patients check their email regularly, sending a text to their phone may be more efficient.

1 2 10 11 12 14 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base