Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Automated phone and text message appointment reminders

It would be nice for the patient to receive a call or text for appointment reminders. It would make it easier on office staff who are too busy in a day to do appointment reminders. It also would eliminate a lot of no show appointments.

2,580 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Tuan Ta shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

268 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shauna commented  · 

I don't understand why this isn't been added yet. It's so important !!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Send appointment reminders via text and allowing the patient to type in 'Yes' to confirm, or 'No', then prompt to re-schedule.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Other patient portals do this and it is really helpful.

• Dr Rachel McKenna commented  · 

This is incredibly important. The open rate for emails is low plus right now there is no way that patients are able to respond to indicate that they got the reminder or that they are confirming the appointment outside of going into the portal which no on does!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please add this feature ASAP!!

• Terence Crowley commented  · 

Send appointment reminders via text and allowing the patient to type in 'Yes' to confirm, or 'No', then prompt to re-schedule.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We need this feature ASAP, please ;)

• Anonymous commented  · 

We would like to submit a request to create the capability to send appointment reminders to clients via text message as most of our clients do not check their email accounts regularly or have the email set up on their phones. Our clients are currently receiving text reminders from us and we would like to move to an automated service using Practice Fusion. Thank you for your consideration.

• Sapna Shah commented  · 

Text reminder is must have feature now a days.... please add it asap. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Texting reminders is a must have. PLEASE add this feature to PF.

• Heather Hughes commented  · 

I've looked into outside companies that work with PF for text reminders and the biggest ones in my area do not even work with PF. This feature would save a TON of time by freeing up staff from making reminder calls and would reduce the number of no-shows and late-cancellations. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please add automated text messaging reminders for appointments.

• C. Ruiz commented  · 

Please add automated text messaging reminders for appointments

• Kehau commented  · 

I came on here hoping that text reminders already existed. I worked at a vet clinic and we had the capability to send auto text appointment reminders. Please add this feature ASAP.

• Mrs Donna Ahart commented  · 

Please add text message reminders, it would help tremendously

• Hillary Plummer commented  · 

Yes please add this it would make things so much simpler!!!

• Cara commented  · 

You need SMS reminders. It's not an electronic FTC opt-in issue because they can opt-in using their initial appointment intake forms if that question can be added "Would you like to receive SMS reminders?".

• Anonymous commented  · 

We need automated phone call and text reminder capabilities for appointments!

Feedback and Knowledge Base