Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Insert Pictures and Diagrams into Chart Notes

It would be nice to be able to insert pictures or diagrams into chart notes.

351 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

38 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr Jan Badertscher commented  · 

It is already possible if you use the attachment field. I upload pictures and any document that I want and attach it to the desired encounter.

• Dr Barry Press commented  · 

Often in medicine, a picture is worth much more than a thousand words.

• Francesca Pascale commented  · 

As an acupuncturist, this is REALLY helpful. Almost every visit requires a diagram. And although I can upload images into the Documents section and label them under each patient, then I must write in the chart notes to *see documents on __/__/__, which makes it less streamlined and a bit messy. It would be nice to be able to upload scanned handwritten chart notes into an encounter.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like to have this added to Practice Fusion.

• Dr Barbara Hauser commented  · 

Yes, this would be very helpful, especially with skin lesions and rashes.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am also waiting / hopeful to be able to insert pictures or diagrams into my notes in Practice Fusion.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I AGREE THAT PHOTOS CAN BE VERY HELPFUL ESPECIALLY WITH RASHES TO HELP FOLLOW PROGRESS.. MANY EMRs HAVE THIS ABILITY.

• Dr Douglas Haas commented  · 

Yes, this is one glaring difference from other EHR's - at least the diagrams. I use picture uploads for certain skin lesions as well. This is great for following wound size and healing. A picture is worth a thousand words. Now I have to put in picture as an attachment but would be nice to show up in encounter note.

• Mr Michael McBride commented  · 

We are a large TCM/Acupuncture college with clinics that offer tui na and shiatsu massage. Being able to add body images that can be marked up somehow would be an awesome addition to PF charting solution and would give PF a huge advantage over other products.

• Mr Jason Knox commented  · 

I am a professional manual therapist currently transitioning to full digital records. This piece is absolutely essential to me being able to fully integrate Practice Fusion charting into my practice as the postural notes I take are integral in my treatment process.

• Mike A commented  · 

Would be very useful for so many reasons. Thanks.

• Ron Urquhart commented  · 

We definitely need this to happen

• Dr Christopher Vendryes commented  · 

In my Aesthetic practice pictures are a necessity. To be able to place them in the chart with the notes would be extremely desirable.

• Dr Joslyn Gumbs commented  · 

This would be great for OBGYN especially with in office procedures such as ultrasound and colposcopy

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be very beneficial in tracking pain issues especially if performing Fibromyalgia trigger point exam.

• Kristine Rand commented  · 

Additionally, I do nutrition counseling and would like to place the food diary and behavior diary into the chart note

• Kristine Rand commented  · 

I would like to insert a genogram into the chart and maybe have it as a separate note that I can update (and date) as more information is known. It is so helpful to be able to have on one sheet, family and friend relationship status, Mental/physical health dx, and addictions, etc.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base