Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Templates for Common Rx Dosage, route, form, etc.

As you are streamlining e-RX, it would be great to have it save common Rx I write EXACTLY the way I usually write them, which is not in your drop down boxes. I also don't want to have to fill in the dosage, medication form, etc. every time. If it could be saved as a sort of "template" or "personal formulary" so that I just chose from a list of what I most commonly Rx, it would save a great deal of time. Thanks--JP

124 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Joanne Pizzino shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr. Migdalia Nieves-Caban commented  · 

I would also like to vote for this 1,000,000 times! Some of the alternatives in the dropdown list, with some frequency, does not apply to patient's real needs and idiosyncrasy. I have to loose time writing explanations to the pharmacist in "Note to pharmacy"!

• Dr Walter Roth commented  · 

The ability to create a "favorites" list of frequently prescribed medications that populates all of the prescription information, i.e. SIG, Quantity, Refills, etc., would greatly improve the workflow of every Practice Fusion user.

• Dr Selatin Kraja commented  · 

PF is almost perfect and made a lot of improvements, but despite many requests they are not making any changes on SIGs.
    Would be very helpful and save us a lot of times.
    Those choices provided there do not make any sense.
    To make own, personalized would be very helpful.
    Please.

• Carol Rowsemitt commented  · 

I also would vote a million times for this. Can we make macros? If we can somehow in PF, that would help until you come up with these templates.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would also like to vote for this 1,000,000 times. It would save me so much time, and greatly decrease the chance for error. As a surgeon, I prescribe many of the same medications with identical instructions to each patient. The current custom sig's are not what I prescribe. And I typically only write these prescriptions once for each patient, so the current save function doesn't really help me. An ability to 'save custom sig' and 'save custom dosages/refills' in each of the windows would greatly increase the efficiency and safety of prescribing medications. Thank you so much, and 1,000,000 more votes for good measure.

• Anonymous commented  · 

can i vote on this, like, 50 times???? This should be a fundamental aspect of most emr's; the auto populating feature remains inadequate in meds and dx's. AND I would greatly welcome the ability to format sigs that I use repeatedly
    ex; "1/2-1 po q 6-8 prn severe pain"
    that should be one mouse click
    I trust that a very high number of my colleagues would heartily agree!!
    Thank you

• Dr Leslie Meserve commented  · 

PLEASE PLEASE work on this quickly. As an internist who writes for hundreds of different types of meds, I really need my "personal formulary" to save me time (and to save me from having to look up dosages each time.) Thank you!!!!

• Kathy Pennell commented  · 

It would be such a time saver if we can create results templates for our inhouse labs and save the template for future use. Ex. automated urine dip has several observations and we have to add these observations each time we enter results. If we could create and save a template with these observations then we would be able to just choose the template and type in the results for that specific patient.

• Keely Godwin, MD commented  · 

This!! A million times this! There are a number of prescriptions that are populating my "frequently used" list, but ideally they would be saved as a template. And using the 'shortcut' doesn't work as well, frankly.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be nice to be able to create our own templates for manually entered (in house) labs, such as CBC's, CMP's, and Urinalysis's. It would also be nice to be able to enter the reference range for each result. A spot for reference ranges shows up on the result sheet that the patient sees, but we have nowhere to enter ranges, then they call us to ask for the reference ranges.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We would like to be able to build our own manually entered results templates

Feedback and Knowledge Base