Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Custom Chart Note Content Display in Patient Fusion

Most patients want and should have their diagnosis list. Occasionally in psych it is not appropriate to share it, or the patient does not want to be told. I can't use PatientFusion at all until I have the option to turn off diagnosis list for certain patients (or for all patients).

It's fine if this means that particular patient doesn't count toward my PatientFusion ratio for MU. I don't use MU, but for those who do, this would enable some psych providers to move upward from their current 0% use of PatientFusion. It certainly wouldn't make their MU situation worse.

21 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ariel shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • PCOM Student commented  · 

Please make it optional to remove the diagnoses from patient view on the patient portal. In a mental health clinic especially, this information often needs to be maintained in the clinic for prescriptions, billing, and coding purposes. However it can sometimes be distressing to patients to see their active clinical diagnoses when they feel that they have overcome them. Please consider making it an option to remove this information from the patient portal altogether.

• Dr Caroline Jones Redstone commented  · 

I am a psychiatric provider and often, but not always, share my diagnoses with patients. For clinically-relevant reasons, it is not always appropriate for me to fully disclose diagnoses with patients or their families. My clients and I operate well with email communication but of course I prefer patients contact me via the Patient Portal rather than gmail. This is especially important for my more challenging patients. Please, please create an option for me to hide diagnoses (and choose which ones to hide, ideally) from patients in the patient portal.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Currently if I allow a patient to use the patient portal, which I need to do to exchange messages with them, then I cannot limit what data they see. I work with eating disorder patients and many of them will decompensate if they know their weight. I need to be able to use the patient portal with a patient and restrict what information they have access to.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please add this feature. It is frequently inadvisable to share the DSM diagnosis with a psychotherapy client. Because I can't prevent the client from viewing their diagnosis in Patient Fusion I am unable to use Patient Fusion at all, including the new intake form option, which I would very much like to use. Please add this feature!!!

• Ariel commented  · 

Thanks! :)

• Ariel commented  · 

I'm not sure what the difference between the reasoning with the two ideas is- can you clarify for me?

• Ariel commented  · 

Seems like this could be merged with my previous idea, "Custom Diagnosis List Display in Patient Fusion".

Feedback and Knowledge Base