Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Task list inconveniences

When I enter a chart and then come back to tasks, the scrollbar isn't where I left it. I'd like it to stay put.

69 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ariel shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Luis Urbina commented  · 

I think patient's names in the Tasks List should be listed as LastName, FirstName (eg Smith, Johhnie, rather than Johnnie Smith). I don't know about the rest, but I find myself scanning the page for "Smith", not for "Johnnie", after seeing Mrs Smith

• Orlando Emmanuelli commented  · 

its most inconvenient to have to try and scroll down to where you were before signing or revieweing a particular report. Definite timesaver and more convenient if the list remains where it was after signing or dismissing a report within the task list.
    Also would be convenient to maybe have a NEXT/Previous task button in the opened task screen. would help those who review results back to back, will help save clicks and lots of time.

• Dr Wali Gauvin commented  · 

this is a great idea-

I would like the ability to 'sort' the task list by date - oldest -->recent or recent --> oldest ; it would also be great to have the ability to search for specific dates....

• Ms Melissa Whitt commented  · 

Need to be able to sort the list of tasks by date with oldest first...very important.

• Noha Aboelata commented  · 

Interim solution: I open two tabs in PF - on one I keep the task list and on the other I am working through the charts. It's not ideal, but I needed a fix for the issue raised on this thread and it works pretty well for me.

• Mrs Patricia Folsom commented  · 

indeed or even if you can sort the list of tasks by date with oldest first...very important here too....help

• Ken Truong commented  · 

Please implement this sooner rather than later. My task list is growing because I can't go through it quickly enough because it resets everytime I go back. This is more important than getting a new feature!

• Dr Marc Tanenbaum commented  · 

I tend to address Tasks from the oldest to the newest. Yes, I would like the scrollbar to come back where it was last in the Task Section after I entered the patient's chart. Good idea. Perhaps at least offer the option to start the scroll bar at the newest or the oldest entry with every return_much like entering a list from the A's vs from the Z's. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree also. I would like the computer to take me back to the place I was working in from the task list and to the provider I was working in not switch it back to all providers.

• Keely Godwin, MD commented  · 

Even more annoying than that, I'm finding that if I'm in the task list, and one of the tasks is, say, a refill request. I complete the refill request, and instead of being taken back to my task list I was working from, I get taken to the refill request list for all providers.
    The same is true for signing documents. I start in my own task list, I review and sign a document from that list, then when it's done, I get taken back to the unsigned documents list. It's inconvenient at best and a water of my time at worst. Take me back to the list where I started when I complete a task.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I concur with the need to start from oldest to newest.
    Please add this feature ASAP

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes I agree, the ability to sort from oldest to newest is crucial. My tasks are building up because this function doesn't exist.

• Ms Kathleen Mancini commented  · 

I agree. I find when working through the task list, it will take you to the pt chart. When you go back to the task list, it starts at the beginning again.

I would also like to see an option to sort by date, or at least sort from the oldest item....

Feedback and Knowledge Base