Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Appointment Reminder Email Content Hide/Show/Customize

The two parts of the email that are causing problems are:

-The "please arrive five minutes early" line, because arrival needs vary wildly and some providers do housecalls where it's not even relevant.

-The address line, because it confuses people who have surgery appointments at other locations.

There's no need to revamp the email or make it customizable. That would be nice for sure, but we know there are higher priorities for the developers. It would help quite a bit just to remove these two sections.

140 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ariel shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

40 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mr Christopher Bradshaw commented  · 

It would be extremely useful to be able to customize the Appointment Reminders. We would like to include specific details regarding their upcoming appointment like arrival time, location, links to forms to fill out etc. We should also have the ability to set reminder intervals manually and not just automatically the "week" and "day" before.

Other EMRs allow this and PF should offer this as well with the paid subscription.

• Ms Nina Silberlicht commented  · 

Can there be an option to add email addresses for additional appointment reminders ie a teenage patient /young adult and the parent? or both parents?

• Sharon Clevenger commented  · 

I agree with deleting the sentences about "please arrive five minutes early" line, because arrival needs vary wildly and some providers do housecalls where it's not even relevant. and the address line, if it confuses people who have surgery appointments at other locations.

Is there anyway to make it easier for people to become "enrolled"? We have 1/2 of our patients who have been seen and never get the enrollment part completed. Also, I don't need them to complete the intake each time. Why are they told to do that, and can that be changed?

• Dr Charles Chapple commented  · 

Put choice of optional banners and one option have no banner

• Ms Nina Jackson commented  · 

WE ARE A PHYSICAL THERAPY FACILITY. HOWEVER THE STANDARD MESSAGE IS TAILORED TO PHYSICIANS. WE'D LIKE A MESSAGE TAILORED TO US, TO PREVENT CONFUSION AMONG NEW PATIENTS. THANKS

Hi Giles,

Therapy 360, LLC has invited you to access your health records on Patient Fusion. Learn what's in your files, including lab results, medication history, and notes from your doctors.

Access your records

The only thing more important than your health is your peace of mind. Access your health records now.

The Patient Fusion Team

• Anonymous commented  · 

We would like to be able to see every email that goes out, so when someone says, "my email said the wrong time" we can verify it. Also, we would like to be able to customize the emails.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be great to be able to customize the email reminder based on the appointment type. So for a scheduled house call I can put, "please be available for at least 30 minutes prior to the appointment until one hour after your appointment time." and for a typical appointment I can put" arrive five minutes early" and for a new patient I can put, "Please have a valid ID" etc.

• Ms Betty Rummel commented  · 

PLEASE LET US CUSTOMIZE APPOINTMENT REMINDERS WORDING, AS WE CANNOT USE IT NOW, BECAUSE PATIENTS ARE NOT COMING IN EARLY AT ALL, OR COMING IN LATE- AND THIS IS VERY INCONVENIENCING, AND SETS OUR ENTIRE DAY OFF KEY

• Yan Lu commented  · 

Please make this feature available soon! I recommend
    1) allow choices of confirmation, reschedule and cancellation in the email reminder.
    2) allow practitioner to modify time of arrival, address.
    3) allow adding Logo

• Jennifer Linneman commented  · 

It would be so helpful if we could customize our appointment reminders and use that template for our patients. Doctors have a HUGE variety of specialties. Please consider this.

• Mrs Mary Olin commented  · 

Like the previous comments, it would help greatly if our office could customize the wording of an appointment reminder email. #1 - we do not use the patient portal, and this can be confusing to patients. #2 - we would like to be able to enter certain information regarding the appointment, ie - location, etc.

• Ms Hayley Adams commented  · 

IF WE COULD CUSTOMIZE THE ARRIVAL TIME I"PLEASE COME IN
    THE MESSAGES
    EX; "PLEASE COME IN 10 MIN. BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT TIME"

THAT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL AS WE NEED PATIENTS TO DO SOME PAPERWORK, ETC BEFORE THEIR OFFICIAL APPT TIME, AND IF THEY ARRIVE RIGHT ON TIME, THEY MAKE EVERYTHING ELSE RUN LATE..

• Anonymous commented  · 

enable users to customize the emails Practice Fusion generates from scheduling to patients

• Ms Jay Berger commented  · 

ability to customize Practice Fusion emails

• Anonymous commented  · 

I need this asap along with which office to go to since I have more than one office.

• Erika Krumbeck commented  · 

This is huge for us. The PF confirmation e-mail is quite "cold." It is also missing very important information - like directions to our clinic, what to expect, and what to bring to each visit. This is keeping us from using the online scheduler right now.

• Dr. T commented  · 

Can you please allow customization/personalization of appointment reminder notification emails. I am a house call doctor and current working does not work. thank you.

• Dr Aderonke Oguntoye commented  · 

I would like the option to remove the link for the patient canceling through the patient portal. The patient cancellation request notifications are easily overlooked. My practice policy is to cancel by phone and this is a misleading option for my patients.

• Taryn commented  · 

PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS ASAP.

• Kristin commented  · 

The appointment reminder would be so much better if you could customize it. We need "Please bring a list of current medications and any refills needed to your next appointment".

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base