Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Search Messages

Sometimes I have sent a message and it's been archived, but later I want to refer to it. It's hard to find past messages. I'd like a search feature.

88 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ariel shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mr Kevin Berry commented  · 

I agree with this. To be able to search by patient name or keywords would be extremely helpful!!

• Dr Henry Jr Kaw commented  · 

i agree. being able to search messages sent and incoming messages by sender or recipient (patient or staff member) will be very helpful.
    also to flag them as unread, high priority (stay on top) will also be very helpful.

• Dr Julie Konowitz-Sirkin commented  · 

It would also be very helpful for practice administrators to be able to filter by staff member, in the event that a staff member is out sick or is no longer employed to ensure that there is no lapse in patient care.

• Ms Holly Massey commented  · 

I would like to see a keyword search in messaging

• Jeannette K. commented  · 

Definitely. We would also love the "filter by provider/staff member."

• Dr Paul McNeely commented  · 

The ability to search messages would be very handy and increase efficiency. Also it would be helpful to have a button that would take me to the very bottom of my messages (ie the oldest) as the scrolling feature is not very smooth and I sometimes get behind and have several pages of messages. This request would be for the inbox. Thank you.

• Dr Nina Chan commented  · 

a nice feature would also be to filter by provider/staff member.

• Amy Randall commented  · 

Search Messages feature would be very helpful. Currently, the only way for me to find a message that has been Archived and had no patient name attached is for me to manually search for it in the list of Archived messages. Very tedious, and sometimes Archived messages do not load past a certain date, which can be problematic.

• Jessica commented  · 

I 100% agree with this being a needed feature, in the old system every message was kept and we used that as a paper trail to keep track of phone calls and patient issues, that we could reference if that issue every came up again. THIS DEF NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

Feedback and Knowledge Base