Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Patients doing Digital Document Signing

We have consent forms that we would like to load into our EMR and send to the patient to have them sign.

407 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Sandra Bouzaglou shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

41 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Melissa commented  · 

We need the feature for patients to be able to sign documents electronically added to practice fusion]

• Anonymous commented  · 

We would love a way for patients to electronic sign documents to be stored with practice fusion. Also a better billing end as well instead of going through multiple companies and steps. Thanks

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would make a huge difference in our clinic, please implement!

• zhang commented  · 

please make consent forms and let patient with digital signature in PF!!!!

• zhang commented  · 

I am voting on this feature! It's the only feature that's holding us back to fully use PF. Scan and upload is too much work.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Surprised this feature is not available.

• Kulwinder Singh commented  · 

I strongly support the implementation of the features recommended below, particularly the ability to obtain signatures on consent forms and a kiosk-type feature.

• Sam commented  · 

We should be able to give a tablet to the patient, have them click radios and drop downs to enter historical data, allergies, medications, etc. But most of all, to sign forms such as consents, HIPAA acknowledgements, etc. basically any custom form we create, then have them uploaded to their chart in the appropriate category.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Completely agree that paper free is the ideal. Would save a lot of time and energy.

• Dan Grady commented  · 

Be able to have patient electronically sign documents via Patient Fusion or Practice Fusion.

A) Be able to assign documents for electronic signature to all patients, i.e. HIPAA document signature requirement at time of Patient Fusion account setup
    B) Be able to assign documents for electronic signature to all patients by patient or appointment type, i.e. electronic signature required on xxxx consent form before patient allowed to make appointment for xxxx treatment
    C) Additionally, be able to have patient electronically sign any documents, on site, at time of service

• Anonymous commented  · 

paper-free please. Can we have the ability to create a template/typing what we want and the patients have a block that asks for identifiers and electronic signature?

• Ms Joy Reno commented  · 

In Profile put a check box indicating the patient has signed a Doctor Patient Partnership Agreement. This has to be a searchable item that can be shown on a report. This is needed for Patient Centered Medical Home, a Blue Cross and NCQA program.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please help us get completely paperless by having patients sign forms ONLINE. This is an easy feature. Just let us edit the forms, as we would do with templates. Make them part of the patient's chart. Click on CONSENT FORMS.

• Dr Paul Mahler commented  · 

The ability on tablets and touch screen computers to have the patient sign in on the visit instead of on a separate form at the front desk so that ther signature can be kept as part of the ongoing patient record and not in a separate area.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am voting on this feature! It's the only feature that's holding us back to fully use PF. Scan and upload is too much work.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with the others. I would like to be able to have patients sign HIPAA and consent forms within the EMR instead of having to print forms for them to sign and then scan and upload those forms. It is a real inconvenience, as well as a waste of time (and paper) to have to continue to use paper forms when we have supposedly gone paperless.

• Susy Deliman commented  · 

Have an area in the patient profile for privacy questions (HIPAA) and the ability to sign an electronic pad.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Have a electronic signature pad for patients to sign Consent to Treat, Procedure Consents, and HIPAA forms, release of information forms.

• Anonymous commented  · 

would save our practice a lot of scanning

• Kim Elliott commented  · 

When a new patient arrives and forms need to be signed (consent forms, financial responsibility, HIPAA, release forms, etc) it would be great if they could all be available electronically on PF and then signed on the iPad by the patient - and filed directly in their chart - so no paper, no scanning, no uploading, etc.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base