Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Display Diagnoses without Start Dates in Diagnosis Registry Report

Enable the Diagnosis Registry to find all diagnoses whether or not they have Start Dates. Right now, I learned that the Diagnosis Registry can only find diagnoses that have a State Date entered. That means if you have not been entering start dates over the past few years (6 years in my case), the Diagnoses Registry cannot find all your patients with Hypertension or Diabetes. The only other alternative is to go back through every single patient's chart and add a start date for each diagnosis.

28 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Gary Seto shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

I also just found out this was necessary, and it just makes no sense for most chronic conditions!

• Dr Alice Wei commented  · 

i often do not know what the start date is for a particular diagnosis and leave it blank. not incorporating an undated diagnosis in dx registry searches is a flaw that should be fixed. entering a dummy date as a "fix" is inefficient and an ineffective use of technology.

• Ms Tracy Schmidt commented  · 

It would help greatly if this was removed for the past year. Just discovered the was necessary. The providers have been entering this in the history.

• Dr Lee Reussner commented  · 

I agree. It would be quite helpful to easily search diagnosis codes. I also (probably like many other) have not regularly been entering start dates.

Feedback and Knowledge Base