Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Display DSM diagnoses in Diagnosis Search

I'd like to be able to search the ICD code or a partial name and get both DSM results and ICD results in the list of search results. Currently I have to give a quite specific name to get DSM results to pull up, while ICD results are found much more easily.

Example: When I search for "314" or "314." or "314.*" I don't get the DSM diagnoses that map to 314.x, I just get the ICD-9 diagnoses. If I search "attention" I get the ICD-9 diagnoses for Attention Deficit but none of the Attention Deficit diagnoses from the DSM. But if I search "attention deficit" then I get the DSM diagnoses listed with their codes (314.x). I don't understand why they don't pull up when I search "attention" or "314" and I'd really like it if they would pull up with those searches. That's just one example, the same problem applies to depression diagnoses and other DSM diagnoses.

Please note this is not a request that PF add DSM 5 diagnoses. That would be a different request. This one is just about search results.

18 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ariel shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

It would be great to have a reference/conversion page, allowing to get a diagnosis code within Practice Fusion without looking somewhere else.

• Anonymous commented  · 

have dsm v codes accessible in soap notes not just superbills

• Angelica Pena commented  · 

I agree we need DSM V codes in Mental Health environments. URGENTLY.

Feedback and Knowledge Base