Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Send secure messages to patients not enrolled in Patient Fusion

Would like to have the ability to send message to all patients message with emails, and for the ones not in the portal the would be given the request to opt in to read the message. Without this feature I don't see myself using the great feature and messaging patients because most of the time patients are not signed up.

72 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dontstopkeepmoving shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

WE too would benefit from using this feature to email patients directly from PF and having those messages inputted into patient charts.
    We have the same issue of not being able to use this feature because most patients have not signed up for the patient portal. ....yet all patients can receive automated email reminders.
    My understanding is that email communication is now required of providers.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Most EHR systems DO allow providers to send email announcements to patients, whether they are signed up for a back and forth email correspondence. You should allow for a one-way email, at least, to go out. This way providers can easily communicate office changes, out of office providers, etc.

• Dontstopkeepmoving commented  · 

Adding this feature would increase use of patient portal. I would like to use this feature as well but I only have a dozen patients that have signed into their portal. Being ale to send message to patients would prompt them to use it. THIS IS A MUST HAVE FOR THIS FEATURE

Feedback and Knowledge Base