Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Improved Patient Searching

When you go to type in pt's name it would be nice for the name to automatically start coming up and then you choose the correct name cause now you have to type in there first and last name and if you do not spell it correctly it wont come up at all and then you have to x out of it go back on your main screen and find the correct spelling of the name then go back in and type it again

879 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tina Martin shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

95 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mr Robert Horn commented  · 

+1 for the ability to search by phone number.

• Kay Hovious commented  · 

I favor adding ability to search by phone number for all the reasons previously stated.

• Ms Megan Brown commented  · 

I would really like to be able to search by phone number. So many uses for that.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I find it easy enough to just type the first couple of both first and last name, for example Jane Doe is searched by "ja do". Easy enough. But being able to search by phone number would be awesome.

• Ian commented  · 

Advanced search options for patients would be very useful, ie by phone number, preferred name etc...

• Christine Garcia commented  · 

Phone number! YES! But as for the name, you can type in the first few letters of the first and/or last name and find the patient in the list that pops up from that search.

• mikki commented  · 

It will be great if you can also search a patient through Phone #

• J Steve Mayo commented  · 

I'm one of the 2% of folks who go by the middle name, and so when we search for patients by name, it should also include the middle name field.

And while you're at it, perhaps include the Preferred Name field, as searching for a nickname would be helpful.

• Janet Schaffel commented  · 

Must be able to search by phone number! Patients often call and leave their phone number but not their name.

• Dr Agnieszka Pluta commented  · 

Would like to be able to search a patient chart by using the cell phone number

• Dr Raphael Castillo commented  · 

When patient's call, they do not leave a message sometimes, it would be effective to look up patient's by their phone # before calling them vs. calling them blindly.

• Davina Dungy commented  · 

You can search by phone number for patient information.

• Anonymous commented  · 

a phone number search option would also be EXTREMELY helpful!

• Amanda Curtis commented  · 

It would be great if we could look up a patient based on their phone number. We have some patients call in and leave a message with just their phone number and we have no way of knowing who the patient is unless someone in the office recognizes the number.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Finding a patient is still big challenge. The search box is too sensitive and each time changes. If search show 2 patient and wrong patient get selected, going back in the blue box shows the name but does not function until gets clear and rewrite the name again. The selection like name or DOA works once and each time needs to be clicked to go back to the right one.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would save so much time!

• Ms Esther Yoo commented  · 

When we search for patient on the charts tab if there was a button to "close all" after several searches or once the patient was found if the previous inputted name/dob/acct# would automatically erase.

• Dr manjushree dey commented  · 

I would like to be able to update the search criteria for patient list section. I would like to be able to look them up based on the dates they were seen. Example, I want a list of patients the were seen from 1-1-15 to 12-31-15. then also be able to print said list. Please and thank you

• David Gregory commented  · 

It would be nice to be able to search by telephone number along with name, DOB, etc. Sometimes my answering service doesn't spell the patient's name right when they page/text, and I end up not being able to verify if this patient is indeed mine. If I can look up by phone number (ANY number - cell or landline) then I can have a better chance of verifying who the patient is.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base