Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

TouchID Fingerprint Password for Native iOS

Would you ever consider enabling a fingerprint password option for iPads and iPhones users? Though we understand the need to lock Practice Fusion every so often to avoid security and HIPAA breaches, it is a hassle to retype a full password every time the system kicks us out.

34 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Maddy shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Hi Maddy—once we release our native iOS applications, we’ll consider adding this convenience feature as well. Stay tuned!

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

I too am eager for this this capability.

• Dr Noah Weiss commented  · 

I would LOVE TouchID available with Practice Fusion. When the iPad sits for any amount of time, I am logged off. TouchID would be a fast, safe, and secure way to log back in. PLEASE!!!!

• Dr Peter Bresler commented  · 

Enable use of the touch key on Ipads to login.

• Dr INNA VERZUB commented  · 

It would be nice to go totally paperless and have the patients sign in/check or use a fingerprint when they arrive at the office.

• Miles Tommeraasen commented  · 

Use Touch ID to unlock iPad screen.
    My 1Password app allows me to unlock with Touch ID. Very convenient and a time saver.

• Dr Noah Weiss commented  · 

This would be a great addition!.
    Right now I have to enter my password frequently, as the iPad times out. Fingerprint ID is used for lots of other apps, and would streamline the flow dramatically. PLEASE make this happen!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base