Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

User Access control by IP address

We would like for our Admins to have the ability to control use by IP address range so they cannot access system outside of the office.

20 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kusum Naik commented  · 

We do have other web applications mask with IP address. Our staff can still access off line if they connect to our network via VPN and use application. I think this be great for security.

• DAWN KAHIKINA commented  · 

this is of a urgent matter we do not wish for no one other than dr's to be able access system outside of office!

• Adam Rogers commented  · 

It would be nice to have the ability to block any access to our practice inside of practice fusion unless the traffic is coming from a whitelisted IP address.
    Ie; a doctor who works for practice x could not go home and log in and see our practices patient info, but if they were viewing it from the office where we have a static front facing IP address, they could see it.

• Mrs Stacey Scott commented  · 

I don't allow the users access to the phone number that is listed for establishing a connection. If someone goes home and tries to access the EHR from their IP address at home, it is required for them to send the text message to receive a code to login from the new location. I have this number set to my cell # so that they cannot login without the office managers permission. Hope this helps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base