Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Scheduled EHR Maintenance on Weekends

It would be very helpful to have the EMR Maintenance occur on the weekends. I'm sure there are a lot of us who have to work from home after clinic hours.

28 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alicia Ambrogio shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Hi everyone,

This is a great time to provide you all with an update of the progress we’ve made toward our longterm goal of never having to take the EHR offline for planned hardware or software upgrades.

In 2013, we had 50 scheduled downtime windows to upgrade the system.

In 2014, we had 22.

In 2015, we had 11.

In 2016, 4 months into the year, we have only had 1 downtime release.

That is the lowest number of planned downtime releases of any EHR on the market.

We appreciate your patience as we work diligently toward zero.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yuko Kusaka commented  · 

Rather than continue to collect data from users, Please do something right away. I again was blocked from sending a prescription. Now I will have to send on the weekend.

• Yuko Kusaka commented  · 

I live in Hawaii. These maintenance occur around 6:00 PM to midnight my time, when I am still working. It is extremely problematic to my practice as I cannot send prescriptions, finish charting, see my schedule, do anything. I am altering my practice and schedule around these maintenance, which should not have to happen. I have seen my entire initial evaluation disappear, unable to be saved because of this maintenance. I have stayed up until past midnight or get up early next day to finish my work. Please move your maintenance to late evening on weekends.

• James Wantuck commented  · 

Please move later at night or to weekend evening hours, even Sunday at 9pm would work!. Find the lull in the week and schedule it then

Feedback and Knowledge Base